“Avoid at all cost”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is the worst Malaysian restaurant! Please do not judge Malaysian food after eating here.
I am Malaysian and I am ashamed of what they are doing there!The quality of food is terrible.
Not fresh and no taste. The people running this place have no idea about Malaysia.
The place looks dirty.
Definitely avoid!

2  Thank Ali C
There are newer reviews for Jom Makan

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The place was empty apart from our table of five. No one enjoyed their meal and couldn't wait to leave. Service was okay. It was a second visit and it failed to please on both occasions.

1  Thank PLee1973
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My Wife and I ate here and have to say, this is the worst Malaysian restaurant that we have ever been too. Please do not judge Malaysian food after eating here. The quality of food was very bad.
For example, I had the Nasi Lemak Sotong(Squid) and did not finish my food becuase it was that bad!

There were 5-6 anchovies and they were the size of 3mm each. The squid were squid rings (shoudl have been proper squid) and the sambal was tasteless! Not only th efood was bad but looking at the portions being served, the prices are a rip off !!

Do not go to this restaurant. Instead, try C&R just 10 mins walk away in Leceister Square.

2  Thank Jheeva
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went to the Westfield (Shepherds Bush) branch with my wife (she knows the real deal) in April this year and have just joined Trip Advisor so felt that I had to give you the benefit of my experience here. Waiting staff were polite, food preparation staff were woeful, ie microwaved roti chenai, I had to send a search party out to look for chicken pieces and the potato in the alleged Malaysian chicken curry (I also know what the real deal is). I would say if this restaurant was not in such a prime location with so many passing hungry shoppers then judging by my experience it would not attract enough punters to survive. I feel duty bound to write this in the hope that if the management of this restaurant read this then they might try to improve things, ie to give decent value authentic Malaysian food.

5  Thank Ron F
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I visited the Westfield branch of Jom Makan and had a very good meal experience. We (party of 3) had the roti canai which was lovely, the keropok were authentic and the prawn fried rice delicious.
We also had the chicken satay perhaps the least authentic in my opinion but as other reviewers have already stated it is tailored to western taste. Overall I thought the service was excellent and the food too and I would definitely go again. I much prefered my experience here to say Wagamamas which to me is the least authentic when it comes to Asian food.