“Trendy ”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Good atmosphere, great selection of music and classy decor. A must if want a good start to the late party hours

There are newer reviews for Jewel Covent Garden

Reviewed September 4, 2012

After seeing Ghost the musical I went in here with my mum and sister to get a couple of cocktails. They had a great selection although quite pricy (over £9 although given the location I'm sure this is normal). Music was good and plenty of seating.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

My friend and I went to the theatre last night and on the way there we spotted 'Jewel' and thought it looked a lovely bar! We then noticed a sign outside saying '£4.50 cocktails til close and 1/2 price wines' we thought this was a great deal especially for the look of the place and location.
When the theatre finished we thought we'd head to Jewel for a cocktail before catching the train home, we went in to find the most lavish furnishings and had a good atmosphere, also scented candles everywhere that smelt really nice, it added to the feel of the place. We ordered our cocktails to be told they had no crushed ice then got charged nearly £9 each, I mentioned the sign to the bartender (who was lovely, and even advised us on our choices) he then told us that the deal finished at 9/10. We felt they were ripping people off a little as im sure alot of other people had same intention to go there after the theatre had finished then they double the price, nice trick. The time spent there overall though was good so wouldnt be put off going back, but next time before 10 to avoid hefty prices!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Well it's official I am to old for bars like this. The average age on the night we went was about eighteen and the crowd was brash and tacky. It is a good location but unfortunately it seems to be attracting that young pissed crowd that rolls out every Friday night. To be avoided if over thirty and any older well just walk on past. If you are eighteen and like to have it large you will love this place. Enjoy!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I went here years ago and ended up booking our company's Christmas Party 2011 here too.

Went back again for my birthday in December with a group of 8 friends. I'm really glad I'd reserved a section at the back as the place was heaving. We had table service...which was a bit slow due to it being so full. The drinks were good and the food was exceptionally good. Ordered the sharing platter a second time over! Their breaded chicken nuggety things are bloomin' great.

I just really like the venue...it looks beautiful and it's very lively. Not somewhere for a quiet chat! Going again this week.

1  Thank EnglishGirl-AngelM