“Very helpful staff”

Ranked #753 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Worksop, United Kingdom
“Very helpful staff”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here which was booked by my company while doing a weeks course, and was very impressed by the helpfullness of the staff. They pointed out where i could go to find the nearest supermarket, even without my asking. They made me feel very welcome and even offered to let me use their microwave at night and supplied plates and cutlery. Very nice place. Basic, but clean and comfortable and good value for money

Room Tip: I slept at the front on main road and didn`t find a problem but I do use wax ear plugs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mary B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel had been booked by my company for our induction week. When the staff saw me coming in with a take-away meal, I was told that I could use the microwave they had, if I wanted to buy a ready-meal from the supermarket, and save money. My colleagues and I were also given plates and some cutlery to keep in our room. These were washed every day for me when I came home from work! Such a lovely touch. On my last day, Ali carried my suitcase down the stairs for me. My only 'complaint' was that the breakfast room didn't open until 7.30 am. I had to leave quite early to get to my company HQ, and since I was awake at 6.00 am, it felt a long time to have to wait for something to eat. I was lucky in that I was offered a choice of room, and chose the one at the back of the hotel. My colleague was at the front, and said she was kept awake by traffic. I was really grateful for the use of a fridge in the room; it made a huge difference since I was there for 5 days. I don't think it said on the website there was a fridge, and so I left things at home that I would have taken if I had known.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, or take some ear plugs with you!!! Also, firedoors make a lot of noise...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank StephanieFrances
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed one night to be near family who live in the area, and paid £60 for single use of a twin room - this was cheap for London. Had a quiet room at the back on the semi basement floor, which was a good idea as hotel is on a busy crossroad junction. Room and small washroom & shower were clean. There was a safe, hairdryer, fridge, fan & usual tea & coffee items. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast is very basic, in a conservatory in the back yard. The 2 bus routes that pass the door go past Camden Underground to Trafalgar Square and Euston; & there are 2 other routes 4 minutes walk away in the shopping street of York Way, one passes close to Caledonian Underground & the other goes to Oxford Street. 50 yards away across the road in Camden Park Road is an excellent gastro pub, The Lord Stanley, which also does a good Sunday brunch.
This is an adequate no frills B&B, & a convenient place to stay for visiting London, - I wouldn't really describe it as an hotel - I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room at back facing away from the road
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sardinitis
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Ok, this place is in a decent location for exploring Camden, its about 10-15 mins walk into Camden and the Jazz Cafe etc however the road facing rooms are so noisy that a good nights sleep is impossible as the road is really busy.

The staff / owners or whoever it is that runs the desk etc are ignorant and staying here was obviously a chore for them (?!). Breakfast was basically cereal and toast.

The rooms are nicely done out and are clean and spacious, its the noise that ruins it.

Anyway, for 60quid it was decent value but could be better.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank LiamWood_80
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here recently! Staff very friendly, had us laughing as soon as we got there!! Not a single miserable face!! Rooms basic but clean and comfortable! Double room we had, however you could have fit 4 people in the bed.......massive!!! Prices very reasonable for the location of the hotel. 15 mins on the tube from euston!
Will definitely be staying here again when we visit London next!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Coasty1007
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. First of all, the other reviews are correct when they say that these rooms are small.About 3x4m area total, and the bathroom is very small, with the shower only being 1x1m square. The safe was missing batteries so I asked the front desk for some. He refused, and offered the key. I tried the key but it was dodgy, so decided to go without a safe. Temperature does get warm during the day if you keep the window closed, but it cools down quick enough after you open it.

The stairs are hard to walk up and down if you're carrying a suitcase. Closest tube station is Caledonian Road, can either walk, 10-15 minutes, or order a cab, Hailo is a good phone app for this. Only take black cabs. Cost me only 5-8pounds depending on traffic.

Breakfast is the only meal they offer, it's basic but you can fill up. Toast, ham, cheese, cereals, and fruit juice and tea/coffee. If you exit the hotel and turn left, there are a few food stores there. Nothing too flash though, Further down the road (Catch the No 29 bus) are a larger range of shops, Burger King and KFC etc.

The free Wifi was a bit bonus, and if it wasnt for that, I would only give it 2-3 stars out of 5.
I would come back here next time I visit London.

Basic, but if you're spending the whole day out, then it's fine.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Carsten B
Whitley Bay
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I went during the Olympics and the price was twice the normal rate.
The receptionist was friendly and accommodated my early arrival with a bigger room which was OK without being huge. You have to perch on the end of the bed to watch the TV.
Quiet at night so a good sleep.
Tea/coffee making provided.
The breakfast, however, was poor. No cooked option, just cereal and toast.
The location is a long walk from an underground station but lots of buses. Also easy to get a bus opposite the hotel to Kings Cross.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo