“Fabulous Time!”

Ranked #104 of 871 Specialty Lodging in London
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fabulous Time!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I chose to stay at Ladbroke Grove in Notting Hill in a studio apartment. The apartment was just as described. I traveled with my two daughters ages 13 & 11 and chose The Apartments because of price and its close proximity to public transportation and you got a lot for you money. We were staying our first week with a group tour and having a washer and dryer our second week on our own was a must! Many other rentals don't have this option. Very clean and loved the modern decor! We enjoyed being able to walk to a grocery & many small quaint shops in the area. A must is visiting Portabella market on a Saturday!

We took advantage of the tube and bus system in the area with ease and had no problem traveling to any of the destinations on our to do list: London eye, Kensington Palace, Buckingham Palace, Westminster and the list goes on and on. We had a fabulous time and can't wait to come back again!

The staff was very friendly and helpful in answering my many many questions. At the last minute we decided to come a day early and this was not a problem even though the Olympics were in town. Good communication is key to renting any rental. I double checked on addresses of where we were staying and kept the address to the office in case of any emergency plus phone numbers.

Room Tip: I wouldn't want to rent on the first floor because of the loud bang the front door makes....glad...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TheApartmentsUK, Reservations Manager at The Apartments, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Ready2Travel217,

Thank you for your review.

It is always great to get feedback from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Apartments the next time
you are in London.

Have a great day!

Aisling Clifford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Thanks to all the friendly staff we had a delightful week in Draycott Place. Our apartment was all we could wish for, and we really appreciated the apartment with a big shower and a view across the roofs. We hope to have a similar room in this great location next time we come to London.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LAD27
TheApartmentsUK, Reservations Manager at The Apartments, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Good Morning,

Thank you for your great response!!

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Apartments in the future!!

Aisling Clifford
Reservations Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our visit was two fold. Business and vacation. We stayed in Flat 6, 41 Draycott Place. These old buildings in London have no elevators or air conditioning. We had to get our bags up 4 sets of steps with approximately 15 to 20 steps per set. This particular flat has a terrible plumbing issue. I reported it the first day, (we stayed 10 days), and a plumber was to be sent out. There was excuses such as he couldnt make it that day because it was after 3 in the afternoon, had to order a part, part did not make the delivery for the day, old plumbing was cracked and need to be fixed, one for each day we were there. The shower only had about 3 holes water came out of in the shower head, and only intermintently at best. The toilet was not flushing properly and took about 25 minutes to refill the tank. Sometimes if others in the building were using water you would have no cold water only extremely hot and unbearable. Needless to say I was very unhappy with this situation. On the day before we were to leave, I was offered the flat across the hall to shower in or an upgraded room in a different building. In addition, the furniture was very old and dated, floors very squeakly, it was an all around dingy apartment. I wish I could have changed by the second day to another place but this was part a business trip for my husband and the company made the reservations. Serviced means no towel exchanges except for once in 10 days, we had to wash our own towels to have fresh ones. We did receive a 10% refund for the inconveinence but it did not smooth over any bad feelings because this place is expensive also.
My husband's IPAD came up missing during our packing time. We did make a police report but it has not been located. So that ruined the vacation a bit more. The people are very helpful on the phone and through email but beware of the rooms.
It was a great location close to stores for groceries and cafes, but I think I could have found a nicer place in the same neighborhood had I been able to do so.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Internet pictures are very deceiving.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed at the Chelsea location of "The apartments" earlier this year with my young family. We had several communications back and forth with staff prior to our departure...all very courteous and helpful. As we emailed a few times to confirm the date and time of our arrival (a Sunday afternoon) and no one indicated that this would be a problem, I cannot express the extent of my surprise and dismay when we arrived to the main office and no one was there to meet us and let us into our apartment. We waited quite some time but when no one came we set forth with our infant to find a pay phone....luckily another guest arrived at that time and was curiouly able to help us into our apartment.

Once we settled and were able to get over this initial fright, we had a lovely time in our apartment. It was well situated close to several good grocery stores (partridges, marks and spencers, and many more), some nice restaurants, good shopping on kings road, and in walking distance to two different subway lines. There was also a really nice playground close by if you are travelling with kids. The apartment itself was as advertised. We had a nice balcony off our room. I was a little disappointed with the frequency at which the cleaning staff came to pick up our garbage....I know it's not a fully serviced apartment, but even on days when the maid staff was there they frequent overlooked our room even when we had the "please clean room" sign on. Word of advice to parents...the windows do not have screens and are low to the ground, so had to keep a close eye on my little one the whole time....in retropect might have picked a room on a lower floor because of this.

Overall, I'd stay here again mainly because of the awesome location...although I will be very explicit with the staff when you are arriving and ensure someone will be there to meet you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kitty_McBoo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Stayed in early May for 9 days.

The initial communication was pretty good and despite other reviews we were escorted from the nearby office to our apartment by a very helpful staffer. From there the next 9 days was great, the apartment was the largest accommodation we had during our 3 week stay through Europe, it was comfortable, warm, and the laundry, kitchen and wireless internet came in very handy.

Location being in Chelsea is great with Harrods only 10mins walk away.

Would i stay there again? Yes.

Room Tip: Lower level apartments are valued.. less stairs!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RUMMY21
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2010

They advertise and I quote "all our apartments are decorated individually but furnished and equipped to the same high standard. The only differences between a deluxe and standard apartment tend to be the actual size of the apartment AND the location within a building (i.e. a standard might be on the 4th floor and a deluxe on the first floor". As I was going to London for an operation I booked a deluxe but on arrival, my keys having to be collected from a safe as it was a bank holiday and the office closed I was horified to see I was allocated the one and only apartment on the fourth floor. As the previous review states this involves 8 flights of stairs and being 61 years of age, female with enough luggage for 1 week's stay I was unable to get my suitcase beyond the second flight of stairs. I climbed the stairs minus the suitcase and had to stop twice as I was out of breath and knew without doubt after the operation I would never manage those stairs. I phoned their emergency number and after much argument they said they would send someone out to see what they could do to remedy the situation. They stated it would take 1 hour for this person to arrive. After waiting over 3 and a half hours and their emergency number not answering my calls it became apparent there was no one coming and I was being left to take it or leave it. I was totally frantic, it was almost 8.00 p.m.and I was due in hospital early next morning so I was left with no option but to text them stating that I would take a set of keys of another apartment from the safe allocated to someone else as I had paid for a deluxe and been allocated a standard and I had nowhere to stay... and lo and behold someone appeared 20 minutes later! So 4 hours after my arrival they then gave me a two bedded basement apartment saying that was all they had available. This apartment was musty and very basic but due to my circumstances I had no choice but to accept. They initially billed me with an extra charge of over £200 but retracted this after my letter of complaint. What a dispicible, unprofessional and callous way to run a business and it was totally unacceptable of them putting me in a postion whereby through sheer desperation I was forced to take such drastic action to get them to assist me. Had I not had a hold over them I have no doubt I would have been left with no option but to book a hotel and had a real fight on my hands to get a refund of my money paid in advance for the apartment. On inspection of the fourth floor apartment trust me after seeing two of the apartments decorated in the same style they are very very basic.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
9 Thank LMcL32
United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2009

We originally booked this apartment for a stay in October and paid the deposit. In September we had to cancel our stay and the deposit was refunded immediately.

We subsequently rebooked and finally, got to stay at The Apartments in December 08. We arrived on a Friday evening and had no problems getting into our apartment, which was a one bedroom apartment on the first floor. Despite not being able to specify the apartment we wanted to stay in the apartment was very spacious and ideal. The apartment was warm, the lights had been left on for our arrival and as we had arrived quite late the welcome tray was much appreciated. Additionally, the staff had set up the extra beds as requested and supplied extra towels. The following morning a member of staff came by to make sure that everything was ok and to take payment for the balance due. She was very helpful, telling us about the area and suggesting somewhere to eat on the Saturday night. She also gave us a phone number to ring if we had any problems. We didn't.

Our stay in London was great as we could come and go at the apartment as we wanted. The location is excellent - it is very close to the Kings Road and a few minutes walk from Sloane Square underground. Despite being so close to such a busy area the apartment was surprising quiet. From my personal experience, I would certainly recommend The Apartments.

• Liked — Fantastic location
  • Disliked — No lift
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Etranger99