“Surprised by reviews.”

Neighborhood: Mayfair
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Surprised by reviews.”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Met up with some friends for a few drinks at this bar.early on a Sunday evening and only read the reviews here the next day. I would never have said the reviews were of the same bar.
We were greeted at the bar by a very polite young lady who found us a table and took our order.
She was attentive and repeatedly came over to see if we needed anything (more drinks, nibbles)
The bar had a lively atmosphere and got busier as the time went on. We had some nibbles from the bar menu, I thought that they were expensive for what you got. Thai crackers and a sweet chilli dipping sauce £4.50 for about 8 crackers
Cocktails were excellent and drinks were reasonable (happy hour prices I later found out)
Would certainly go back again.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank abers60
BabbleMayfair, Public Relations Manager at Babble Mayfair, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hi there Abers60,

Many thanks for your review. If you should ever want to return, please do get in contact and we will happily arrange a complimentary table for you and your friends.

Thanks again!
The Babble Team

London, United Kingdom
“Great cocktails in Berkeley Square”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great location on the corner of Berkeley Square - the place is always buzzing. When sunny and not chilly one can always sit outside. The service is very good and cocktails are equally as good with a great selection. Highly recommended!

Visited November 2013
Hi there Reg K,

Many thanks for your lovely review. We hope you return soon. If you should ever return (and we hope that you do!) please do get in touch and we will arrange you a complimentary area to enjoy your evening.

Kind Regards,

The Babble Team
“DON'T BOTHER”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had arranged to meet friends here. My experience from the get go was not a good one. Upon trying to enter the establishment I was told by the manager there was a £50 cover charge. Before paying I called to check if my friends were inside. Their cover charge was substantially less. I renegotiated the cover charge with the assistant of my friend waiting inside.
We ordered drinks, beer for the men, cocktails for the ladies. Beer meant to be ice cold were warm including the bottled beer. Cocktails were not mixed correctly and were in sticky glasses.
We proceeded to go down to the dance area..it was not
long after midnight on a Friday night the place was only 1/2 full and soon emptied shortly after. Under better management and with just a tad of customer focus this place could be rocking.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good time despite best efforts of the senior staff!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We came here on Saturday for a hen do. I had booked the £50 sparkle package, which described mini cocktails being made and served at our table with fanfare, sparkles and confetti and mini cupcakes (The original table they had assigned us was tiny...5 people could sit down at best, although we had been told that we should only expect to use the table as a base. So, not great, but understandable. )
Upon arrival we had to wait about 20 minutes for the mini cocktails to arrive. Which were in fact 12 shooters plonked down on the table...the promised mini cupcakes never turned up at all. When I tried to complain to the manager it took 3 attempts before he actually came and spoke to us, rather than just sending messages via the bar staff, who I'm sure had better things to be doing.
When I told the manager about the cocktails he looked as if I was an idiot and said, "Did you actually expect the barman to come to your table?" Upon showing him his own website that said just that, he said that that was ridiculous and impossible. After a bit more to-ing and fro-ing we did eventually get our money back which we did very much appreciate (and in fact spent the £50 at the bar) but overall I was staggered with how rudely we were spoken to by anyone in charge. And ideally we would have liked not to have spent a good part of our evening arguing.

This is a fun bar to go dancing in, and the happy hour is very good value. The bar staff were very nice, as long as they weren't in charge! Don't agree to pay for anything extra though unless you want an argument to get what you paid for!

1 Thank Sarah P
“Great Experience”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I had a great experience here, the cocktails are a decent price, even better at happy hour when they are half price. The staff were quick to serve everyone, especially as it was busy. A busy bar that gives a great atmosphere. I will be returning.