“Lovely Birthday Surprise”

Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Frequently referred to as 'the drawing room of Mayfair' since opening in 1931, The Promenade is the heart of The Dorchester in London. Open all day for informal dining, The Promenade has an international menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A London institution for British afternoon tea, experience The Promenade's seasonal calendar of specialty teas and pastries, accompanied by a resident pianist. Enjoy the live music from 1.15pm each day and unwind at one of the best restaurants in London. Afternoon Tea is served five times daily: 1pm, 2pm, 3.15pm, 4.30pm and 5.30pm Dress Code: The Dorchester dress code is 'smart casual' and we respectfully ask guests visiting the hotel to refrain from wearing baseball caps, beanie hats, ripped jeans, sportswear, trainers, flip-flops and shorts in our restaurants and bars.
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We took my Nan for afternoon tea for her 87th Birthday. The staff were so thoughtful and attentitive, they presented her with a birthday cake accompanied by the pianist playing happy birthday. Our waiter Luca was outstanding, overall fabulous experience :)

PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Promenade at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear MrsStPhillip,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent birthday afternoon tea in The Promenade. I am very pleased to read how much you all enjoyed the celebratory afternoon and how much you appreciated the birthday cake and song from our pianist. I will share your feedback with Luca and the rest of the team and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to The Dorchester.
Kind regards, Stephane Lafon, Director of Food and Beverage, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have been coming to the Promenade many times as it is the perfect place to stop for tea or a pre dinner (at the ball room)/ after lunch drink when on Park Lane. The centre of the ever grand Dorchester, it serves an excellent afternoon tea (if you book in time) and the bar itself serves a perfect drink.

In true Dorchester fashion, the promenade allows you to forget the realities of 21st century London and cuddles you in the excellent combination of old world grandour and first class service....

Dear l_laurentius,
I am delighted to read how much you enjoy visiting The Dorchester for drinks in the bar and in The Promenade and how highly you appreciate the décor and atmosphere. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with the team and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We started with a cicktail each In the bar, the bar was very nice and the music they played In the back ground was just right. The service was excellent as you would expect from a 5 star hotel. The prices of the cocktails are not cheap, but when they got served to you and then drank them the word wonderfull comes to mind, they were £16 each, but we were celebrating our anniversary. then we had the afternoon tea, with champagne this was optional but we were here to have a great time. The range of teas Is big, but the staff are very helpfull and there knowledge of the teas are very good Indeed. You get 5 choices of sandwiches theses are expertly cut and you get 1 of each choice, you can have as much as you want, you tell them when to stop and you can change your tea whenever. Then come's the scones with the two different jams and clotted cream, again have as much as you want, then If you have any room left the scrumptious cakes but they will give a very nice box to take them home with you, I told them on confirmation that It was our anniversary and they gave us a very nice piece of cake with happy anniversary wrote on Iy and 2 candles such a lovely touch. The price of this afternoon tea Is £51pp, well worth the visit, If you go there you will have a great time

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We ate in the bar in the Dorchester. Was a bit expensive, but totally worth it for a luxury experience in London. Staff were very friendly and service was impeccable.

PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Promenade at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear PGOLD2012,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit to The Dorchester. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I took my wife on a surprise overnight stay to London and booked the afternoon tea here at the Dorchester. I had arranged prior to this to meet a lady from guest relations so that we could have a look around the hotel and some of its suites. When we arrived, the first thing that hit us was the amazing scent of flowers which came from the biggest floral arrangements you have ever seen.

Before our afternoon tea, we were greeted by Katarina who gave us a tour of some of the top suites. Her knowledge of the hotel was flawless and she gave us the most unbelievable, friendly service imaginable.

Following this, we had afternoon tea and selected the glass of Laurent Perrier Rose. The service again was impecable and formal, yet friendly. The sandwiches were nice and we were offered constant replenishements before moving onto the scones which were the nicest scones I have ever had, served with clotted cream and jams.

The only disspointment was the cakes that followed the scones, some were lovely, some a little too sweet though but the surroundings were so beautiful and the pianist scerenaded my wife as she came out of the w.c with Lady in Red at my request!

£130 for sandwiches, cakes and a glass of champagne is probably not justifiable anywhere but here it was worth it for the overall experience in this lovely oppulant hotel.

I would given the afternoon tea itself 4/5, but purely down to how Katarina blew us away before hand with her incredible service, I will give it 5/5 but Dorchester..... You owe her one!

Great experience, would recommend without a doubt!

1  Thank terry_robinson
PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Promenade at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear terry_robinson,
Many thanks for taking the time out to leave such a detail review of your recent visit to The Dorchester. I am delighted to read that you had the opportunity to look around the hotel and how much you appreciated the knowledge and service from Katarina. It is also a pleasure to read your kind comments on the afternoon tea and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team and Katarina. I look forward to welcoming you both here again soon.