“Very good”

Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Frequently referred to as 'the drawing room of Mayfair' since opening in 1931, The Promenade is the heart of The Dorchester in London. Open all day for informal dining, The Promenade has an international menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A London institution for British afternoon tea, experience The Promenade's seasonal calendar of specialty teas and pastries, accompanied by a resident pianist. Enjoy the live music from 1.15pm each day and unwind at one of the best restaurants in London. Afternoon Tea is served five times daily: 1pm, 2pm, 3.15pm, 4.30pm and 5.30pm Dress Code: The Dorchester dress code is 'smart casual' and we respectfully ask guests visiting the hotel to refrain from wearing baseball caps, beanie hats, ripped jeans, sportswear, trainers, flip-flops and shorts in our restaurants and bars.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had afternoon tea on January the 3rd at 1pm I thought it was very good I think it was £56 with the Laurent Perrier rose champagne, so not exactly cheap so my expectations were high. The staff were good always offering you more, even a top up on the champagne, which I did not expect. I enjoyed all of the sandwiches I tried everyone twice. cakes were great, I was not overly impressed with the scones maybe they were the only downside. I left full to burst I thought we were given a lot but then £56 I supposed we didn't have to eat it all. I left feeling impressed I would happily reccomend, and may also return.

PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Promenade at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear TR1PST1CK,
Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent visit for afternoon tea in The Promenade. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed the sandwiches, cakes and champagne and how highly you appreciated the service during your tea. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Kind regards, Stephane Lafon, Director of Food and Beverage, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The location is very grand and feels traditional for afternoon tea.
Sandwiches in constant supply, ate too many, not keen on scones, and too full for all the cakes.
Service excellent

PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Promenade at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear oldaccringtonian,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent afternoon tea in The Promenade. I will be delighted to share your kind comments about the food and service with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you here in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I had afternoon tea as a birthday treat for her and it could not have been a better experience. All of the staff were polite and friendly and had a nice sense of humour. The quality of the sandwiches, scones and pastries was superb.

PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Promenade at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Rob,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent visit for afternoon tea in The Promenade. I am delighted you chose to celebrate at The Dorchester and to read how much you enjoyed the sandwiches, scones and pastries. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I always treat my partner for this elegant afternoon tea service yearly for our Anniversary and I must say I never reviewed it on tripadvisor as I normally tend to write directly to the management so they can share my compliments with their staff. I was really touched by how genuine and friendly their staff was on this occasion. When I made a booking I mentioned it was a special occasion and when we bumped into lovely Rocio in the lobby she smiled and asked if we need any help. As soon as we mentioned we had a booking for 13.15 she continued "Welcome back to The Dorchester using my name... shall we make your anniversary the most memorable one yet?" We were so touched by her friendliness and genuine service. 5 star hotel service could be quite false... The Dorchester service was far from it... It was truly friendly, relaxed and yet very elegant. We were then left in care of lovely waitress Serena who really took time to have a friendly chat and ask questions about our anniversary and what else we planned for the rest of the day. Needless to say the quality of the Dorchester afternoon tea is superb with brilliant selection of teas, sandwiches, scones and cakes. The Promenade manager Richard is one of the gentlest people and really extended his warm welcome. I love Dorchester for its elegance and sophistication... but above all... we are always made feel comfortable and welcomed there. You must be very proud of your staff. Our special Thank you to your lovely Richard, Rocio and Serena for making our special occasion so memorable. (our booking was on 24th January 2013 at 1315).

Reviewed January 25, 2013