Clink78
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
2,256 results
All reviewsclash barcourt roombed mixed dormold court housebottom bunkbed roomfree breakfastfemale dormcross stationking crosscommon roomrooms are smallcourthousecourtroomcerealpancrastube
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed at the Clink before meeting up with my tour and I absolutely loved it. I was never worried about my stuff but of course took the necessary precautions. (bring your own lock and put your stuff in the safe by your bed). Cool building it was always clean and always busy. The internet room is huge and there was always a computer available, but you can always use the wifi. The TV room is also huge and hardly ever busy when I was there. If you are in one of the bigger rooms, bring ear plugs and bring your own towel. Try to get an upper room so it is more quiet than the ones downstairs and you don't get the people in the halls from the bar and kitchen. I didn't have have a backpack but luggage, and I would recommend a backpack of course. That way you can sleep with your stuff if you don't feel comfortable. Met a lot of good people there and had a lot of fun.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Clink261, Front Office Manager at Clink78, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hi There,

Thank you for giving us your feedback, We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Clink
We are looking forward into seeing you again.

Best Regrads
Reception Team

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Cool building in a decent location. We (son & dad....22 & 54 years old) shared a small 4 person room on the 3rd floor with 2 other people. It had a box to lock our valuables (bring your own lock). Bathroom was as clean as you might expect, but very tiny. Bring your own towels too. Breakfast in the basement was better than some we've had, worse than others. Pretty basic cereals and toast, but the price was right (free). Biggest problem was the drunks outside our window until the wee hours. But you're going to get that in a hostel that caters to younger people and has a bar. We've stayed in hostels from Nicaraugua to China, so we've got some perspective. This is in London....a big expensive city. So, if you want a place to crash in a decent location, and don't want to spend too much for it, this is fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking your time and suggesting Clink as good place to stay in london
, we are glad that you are happy about the cost, we are always aiming to make the travel cheap
and nice for everyone.

Regards

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here 4 times in 4 different rooms when I used it as my base for travel around Europe. I chose it because it's where the TopDeck trip I started on left from- so it was easy for a new o/s traveller like myself. Got a lot of variety in the 4 rooms...
1. 6 bed female dorm with a little shower/"ensuite" in the room which was ok
2. 8 bed female dorm with bathroom facilities down the corridor
3. Mixed dorm sharing with males (met up with my bro)
4. My bro and I were upgraded from a mixed dorm to a one bunk room for the two of us to share- which was really lovely at the end of a 10 week holiday to finally relax with my belongings safely locked up! (We did hear stories of theft within the hostel)

My room mates were pleasant and respectful, though I heard some horror stories from others. Ear plugs/music is a must, particularly when I was a room close to the bar. Rooms are very basic. Very mixed experience with staff, one girl was consistently amazing, helpful and friendly; most of the others weren't.

It was part of my backpacking experience, but I won't be staying here again (or any hostel!)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Hi There,

We are so sorry that your stay wasn't the best due to the split bookings you had, I would like just to explain that we get that when the booking is made made last min,.
we hope that you get to travel and to have the best stay in one of the hostels around the word that makes you change your mind about the hostels, if not we respect your choice as well.

Thank you again.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Yuck Yuck Yuck. We had absolutley no sleep because there were twelve year olds banging on our door and yelling!!!!!! Our room smelled like bacon and onions :/ ick! Don't stay here. Especially not on the basement level. You'll get foot fungus, food poisening, and ZERO sleep.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank travelguruago
Clink261, Front Office Manager at Clink78, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Hi there,

Thanks for taking your time to leave us your thoughts. We always appreciate and embrace feedback when constructive.

Regarding your comments:

- There are NO rooms with windows to the kitchen. It would be good to know where did you actually stay.

- Basement area is where all the communal areas are, therefore is a buzzing place to meet other fellow backpackers. Every person has a different taste. If you didn't like your room location, you just needed to come to reception and ask for a room change. there are plenty of dorms and our staff is always willing to help :)

- Our recommendation is that you have a look to the hostels profile before booking in. Clink261, our sister hostel, will have suit you better,as it is more relaxed and quiet.

Next time, come to reception and express your thoughts. You could have enjoyed your stay much more if you would have let us help you find the right dorm for you (based on your taste and preferences)

Enjoy the rest of your travels,

The Clink team

Reviewed May 22, 2013

10 min walk from King's Cross, fine. Small room with poor ventilation. Feet can actually touch other's head! Toilets in separate sex but unisex bathroom. Clothes easily get wet as no screen. Have to pay for wifi. Crowded in breakfast time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi there,

Thanks for taking your time to leave us your thoughts.

Regarding your comments:

- We do have female only, male only and unisex toilets and showers in every floor. Next time, ask one of our staff members for the next bathroom of your preference. They will help you find you way to the closer one.

- Free breakfast. Our free breakfast is very popular and therefore you can enjoy it from 7am till 10am. Our recommendation is not leave it till the end as it gets busier in the last half an hour

-WIFI- we offer unlimited wifi use for the whole of your stay for only £3. You can also use your code if you stay with us in the future.

Enjoy the rest of your travels,