“Fantastic hostel that ill return to”
Review of Clink78

Clink78
Ranked #61 of 948 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Had the pleasure of a couple of nights stay. A busy hostel at a great location. The beds were the most comfortable hostel bed I have had, the staff do a great job keeping it clean, the clash bar is a great way to end the night and although loud you cant hear it in dorms above. Budget price and breakfast to kick start the day. Next time I visit London it will be the first place I stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,191)

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed in one of the cells, really great night, good position, the staff were fantastic and bathrooms clean, great communal areas, everywhere really clean, plenty of restaurants and pubs nearby, total bargain, comfy, towels provided and lts of local info, try it.

Room Tip: Try a cell, one night only!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chesterlola
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I really liked this hostel. The wi-fi worked, the staff were helpful and friendly, and the place was clean and well run. The hostel is a former Victorian courthouse, and the rooms are done up in a cheeky, understated prison motif. I liked the giant oak-panelled courtroom converted into a TV room. Free breakfast. Good proximity to King's Cross Station. Neighbors were quiet. There was a sign up in the bathroom that mentioned connections between the building, in its days as a working court, and members of the Clash, who were tried there for something or other. While it wasn't the Ritz, this place was great value for money, and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: I wanted a private room on the spur of the moment. I ended up with a double on the ground floor (ma...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Clink261, Front Office Manager at Clink78, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Hello Amanda!!!

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave such a lovely review :)

We hope to see you around very soon!

Enjoy your travels!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed here on Saturday, as a last minute trip to London.
The hostel is really easy to find from London King's Cross Station, and walking alone at 10 o'clock at night I got there in about 6 mins (haha)
Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly woman, who told me I'd booked my room for the wrong night, so it was £29 for the night on the spot in a 6 bed girls dorm.
She also informed me that there was a bar downstairs with a live band playing, which if I had arrived earlier I would have loved to pop down. My stay was just for a decent night's sleep, so I went up to bed.
The room was very warm, even with the window open, and until about 12 you could hear noises outside. Aside from this I slept fine, for a hostel it was pretty standard bed. The room was spotless, couldn't fault the cleanliness at all.
The breakfast was free; Toast, cereal, coffee tea etc. Filled the hole.
The shower was busy, and in a really cold room with cold water... But it was manageable.
I'd love to stay here again if I'm back in the capital, it was friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
ClinkE78, Front Office Manager at Clink78, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear Vjllh,

Thanks for your words!

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will love you to come and stay again with us with a bit more of time!

Best regards,

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We were leading a school group of 8 boys and girls.Location 5 minutes from the train from Scotland. Hostel is so interesting for pupils as an old court house, rooms basic , beds squeezed in but we only slept there after long days out in London. Pupils really liked the buzz of many nationalities, the breakfast room (included) and the TV and Internet room, we staff liked the staff and security at the door who were always keen to help. Location was great for taking train (St pancras-Stratford Int) to Olympic park and on last day for collecting luggage (free storage room) and heading back for train home. A great school venue, where pupils get a real flavour of European life and London Buzz.

Room Tip: High floors.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Hello Tuindorp!

Thank you very much for your nice review :)

We really appreciate your feedback!!!

We would love to see you and your group again!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Its a lovely building and the common room, tv room, bar and computer room - set in a old court house is lovely.

Breakfast simple but plenty of it -toast, nuttella, jams. two types of cereal, tea, coffee, water, two types of fruit juice.

Showers were clean and the laundry room, mobile phone chargers and lots of locker spaces were all useful.

The down side was the rooms, the beds were comfortable, fairly clean and sturdy bunks. However they are squashed together like sardines, room would have being much nicer with six people sleeping in it rather than 10 and even in the luxury room there is just a few hooks and one narrow shelf, not nearly enough room for people to store things, a small bookcase or table would have being really useful as would have being some more hooks.

Staff were very nice and helpful and offered to carry my suitcase up a flight of stairs - very kind.

Location is excellent 5 mins walk from Kingscross tube, bars, food, chemist, museums ect all within walking distance.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Happy20102010

Hello Happy20102010!!! :)

Thank you VERY much for your review!!!!

We are happy that you like Clink78 and we would love to see you around again!

Enjoy your travels

The Clink78 team!

Reviewed April 29, 2012

My husband and I spent 7 nights at Clink78 when we first moved to London. We booked in last minute as there was nowhere else in London available.

It is everything you want and also expect in a hostel. Big TV area and big seperate computer room, big kitchen/cooking space and a bar with cheap drinks. It was also one of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in. There always seemed to be someone cleaning!

It is however a Hostel, so expect to be woken up during the night by doors opening and closing. I am quite a light sleeper so this kept me up most nights. That really depends on who your neighbours are though doesn't it?

Would I stay there again? Only if the budget hotels we have stayed at in the past were booked out. But if I was on a budget and needed something fast that was clean, in a good location and with good facilities then yes.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jules,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! :)

Hope to see again around!

Kind regards,