“Fantastic tapas & service”
Review of San Miguel Greenwich - CLOSED

San Miguel Greenwich
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Transit: Greenwich train , DLR Cutty Sark & Greenwich River Boat Ferries Bus no: 188, 386, 286, 177, 180, 199, etc etc
Description: San Miguel Greenwich is an authentic Spanish Tapas bar and restaurant in the heart of Greenwich, London, just minutes from Cutty Sark. Expect a thoroughly warm and friendly welcome, immediately making you feel at home. Within a relaxed rustic Spanish interior involving intricate ceiling decorations, you can watch your food prepared in the open kitchen. Large selection of good Spanish wines, beers, spirits and over fifty cocktails there is something for every one to enjoy. Over fifty tapas and twenty five main courses including Paellas. Check dates for live Flamenco on Sundays monthly.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Can't believe that I've never been to this restaurant before. What I'd been missing!! The food is really fantastic with a great choice of truly Authentic dishes along with a few house specialities. The wine list is good and their sangria is absolutely wonderful (if a little dangerous!!) as it's so easy to drink. We had a great evening with wonderful food and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. This is definitely on my list of places to visit.

1  Thank Eclair74
paella47, Owner at San Miguel Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thanks for the lovely review, we appreciate it.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We came here because every other restaurant had a queue on the hottest Saturday in London! The staff were very nice and welcoming, the decor was sweet but not over the top. We ordered 15 Tapas in total, but there were a couple of orders wrong. I will recommend the Beef Croquettes, the kind prawns too if you like spicy. Everything else was very...oily.

It took ages to pay because they only had 1 card machine. Otherwise, service was ok.

1  Thank MrsTMurphy

We take note of all reviews.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Lovely tasting tapas with plenty of vegetarian options. We had 4 a piece, a beer and a diet coke for just shy of £40 including tip. The tapas was reasonable in size which meant with the four dishes each we had plenty of food to sample.

I'm vegetarian and it was nice to see that there was plenty of choice for me too, not just Potatos and Mushrooms. The garlic stuffed mushrooms with red current sauce were outstanding as were the deep fried aubergine with spicy tomato sauce. Spanish Omelette was slightly over seasoned with pepper, but still tasted excellent.

paella47, Manager at San Miguel Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for lovely comments, hope we see you again soon, please introduce yourself then.
Tev

Reviewed June 26, 2013

After a five Mile walk along the Thames path I was thirsty and hungry.
A Pint of chilled San Miguel was very welcome.

The Piri Piri Pollo that I selected was delicious.

Service was a bit slow despite the Restaurant being almost empty, but not a problem for me.

I shall return.

1  Thank AuldJimmy

Next Time... ...we aim to please

Reviewed June 25, 2013

As a local resident I felt compelled to write a review based on my recent dining experience at this restaurant that makes such a fan fare if being "authentic Spanish". When we were greeted by the grumpy maitre'd that should have been our cue to get up and go but we thought we'd persevere. We were sat waiting for ages till we had our order taken as the woman was too busy talking to her builder than see to us, with only 2 other tables occupied! The food arrived so quickly after ordering that I was very anxious to see how it could be fresh as the menu suggests and unfortunately in my opinion there claims are all false - the patatas bravas were the worst I have ever encountered - I wouldn't be surprised if the sauce was from a bottle. They had clearly been microwaved as the gunk around the edge of tbe dish clearly demonstrated. The sangria again was poor as were the other dishes. Anyway, my opinion suggests that u avoid and stick to the chain restaurants - such a shame as they occupy such a good site on the one way system but clearly a waste

3  Thank mark j

We take notice of all reviews