“Food is okay but service is crap”
Review of Eat Tokyo

Eat Tokyo
Ranked #4,209 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have visited a few times at the Eat Tokyo Golders Green branch. I would say the food quality is acceptable. The teriyaki sauce is a bit too soy sauce rather than tasting like teriyaki, the curry sauce is good and the grilled chicken is just delicious. Try to avoid pork dishes as they put too much fat on them. Re: sushi, well, I've to say there are many sushi restaurants in London do better sushi than them. The salmon and tuna are just not fresh enough! The restaurant's eating environment is vary, depending on where you sit. Try to avoid the seats outside toilet as it stink!

Their customer service is unbelievable horrible. Except the manager (her name is Pauline) and one staff that smile, all others make you feel like you've murdered their families. They look extremely unfriendly and very unhelpful. Also, apart from the time when take your order, deliver your food and to give you your bill, they would spend 95% of their time at the end of the bar calculating the bills together. Don't even think you can ask for any helps during the meal. Their customer service is probably the worst in London!

3  Thank Snowbell23514

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I started at the bar as a lone diner and asked for a table as the chef was sniffeling and snorting his cold away, so there was no way I felt like eating there! I asked for a table and was told I could have one as long as I wasn't going to be long! The service was very poor by a very young waitress who has worked there for sometime, a face like death warmed up, unfriendly and ignored for the duration of my meal by all staff even thoug it was quiet. After 45 minutes, I got some service, without requesting it, the bill slapped on my table as some new arrivals hovered over my table ready to pounce! Unacceptable, shockingly poor service, great food, what a shame! There's a lovely new Vietnamese place just opened round the corner, look forward to trying it.....

1  Thank carlitas
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I dined at Eat Tokyo a few times as I live around the area and the service each time has been so bad that I feel compelled to write this review. Of the times I have dined at EatTokyo, yesterday's experience was the absolute disappointment and we will not be returning. We rang to book a table for 2 to be told that there will be a half hour wait but when we turned up before the time booked we found that there was at least 3 tables unoccupied. We were then waved to sit in a corner table. No one offered a menu for 10mins with all the staff avoiding eye contact and when we asked for menus, the waiter simply chucked it on the table without even looking at us. In fact, throughout the meal, we hardly caught any member of staff smiling - they were absolutely miserable. To be fair, the food is of an acceptable standard and the price is reasonable particularly for the area. Unfortunately, it is hardly inviting to be dining in a restaurant when the staff look like they really didn't want to be there. I often dine in Japanese restaurants all around London and they have the reputation of giving excellent customer service. EatTokyo in Golders Green has sadly failed to meet this standard by a thousand miles! Avoid if you want a pleasant dining experience!

2  Thank Cheryl K
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Traveled 1 hour to get there for 3pm, the website said opened all day Saturday, closed between 2.30-5.30
Hung around for 2.30 hrs until open at 5.30, ask if we had reservation which we did,n,t.
Hostess said we could be squezzed in if we could finish by 7pm which was ok by us.
We were the first to be served quickly great , food arrived quickly which was light & beautiful , wonderful to eat.
By 6.15 restaurant was full
service friendly & helpful
Happy to go back, spent £100 X 5 people

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Having only gone to the Trafalgar branch a fortnight ago, this visit to the Holborn branch was disappointing to say the least. The Hyper Roll, which was to die for at the Trafalgar Square branch, was less than mediocre, as was the rest of the dishes. The dishes were overly salty, service extremely poor, being ignored for 5 minutes whilst waiting to even be acknowledged when we first arrived and the place was dirty looking, menus sticky. Hugely disappointing compared to the other branch, where it was clean, prompt service (albeit still a little unfriendly), food was impeccable, menus pristine and the place was spotless.