“Great Location!”

St Christopher's Inn Hammersmith
Ranked #353 of 928 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with a friend and found this hostel very reasonably priced & in a perfect location.

It is situated opposite Hammersmith station (with a direct line to airport & inner london) and Belushi's bar is located downstairs (reasonably priced food & drinks!)

The only negative things about our stay would be the quality of the showers (not complaining as you can't expect too much unless you're staying in a hotel) and that our room keys continuously stopped working.

All in all- if you're looking for something basic while touring London, this is it!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Naomi C

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was in a mixed room for 18 people, maybe that's what cause my visit so bad in this hostel. The room was smelly (what is not St Christopher's fault), but my bed didn't look clean at all. But the worst was the bathroom. For 18 people, is not big enough and it looks like they don't clean at all! The floor was all wet all the time (and the water didn't come from the showers, but from the toilet, so ewww), very smelly, it was pretty disgusting. The breakfast included was very poor also, comparing to other St Christopher's. By 8h30, they didn't put clean cups and plates anymore, and some food wasn't available anymore. The WiFi in the rooms were okay.
On the last day I changed for a room for 8 people (female only), and it was better, but again, the sheets were dirt! It's now worth what you pay. All night until 2am you can hear people cheering on the bar and the hostel is located near a Police Station, so every 5 minutes you hear the buzzling. The hostel don't have lift, so if you carring a heavy luggage, good luck.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a 18 bedroom, unless you're desperate.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

It okay if you can get it cheap I wouldn't want to pay more than 10 a night because the one just down the road is way better they have better mattresses where you don't get springs in ur back and they have a "chill out" room away from the bar and better showers. If all you need is a bed and shower its fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here for four nights and thought it was great! I haven't had a bad experience at a St Christopher's yet and hopefully it stays that way.
The staff are great and the food at Belushi's is affordable and yum.
There is no lift here so beware that you may have to carry your luggage up a heap of stairs. Our room was on the very top floor which was a mission and a half but the room was nice and spacious and very quiet. My only other negative would be that there wasn't much ventilation and as it was the middle of summer and averaging 30 degrees during the day, it was very hot - especially in the bathroom. But you just had to deal with it and it's not like you spend very long in the hostel anyway

I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely come back.
Location is great! Right next to the Hammersmith tube station which will easily take you just about anywhere you need to go in London. There is also a supermarket across the road and several other little shops and bars/food places.

Room Tip: If you have an issue with stairs or want to be able to connect to the wireless from your room, try t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Yes I am over 50. Yes I have traveled around the world, done a lot of camping and stayed in a lot of hostels. A flat, clean bed and a hot clean shower in a handy location will satisfy my basic needs. I don't even particularly care if the toilet/shower is en-suite or not, as long as it's clean and doesn't give me 'athlete's foot' fungus. St Christophers Hammersmith fulfills most of these criteria. We'll have to wait a few days to see about the athlete's foot

But... No I don't like thump-a-thump music till 2 am on weekends. And my knees are old enough that I really don't want to carry my suitcase up 3 flights of stairs. And silly me thought that a twin room might actually include a bed in which two people could sleep side-by-side - my bad.

The bunk beds seriously needed a dose of WD-40 oil, and that wasn't because we were being 'athletic'.

I've spent the afternoon in the public restaurant/bar area doing some computer stuff, and have had to swat 2 cockroaches. EEEWwwww!

All grown-ups and families - go somewhere else.

Room Tip: OK with noise? - 1st floor. OK w/ stairs? - 3rd floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Similar thoughts to one of the reviewers below - the bar area is public, which means that those staying can't get seats etc, seems really stupid given that it's a hostel for paying guests and they should get first preference at the bar. The breakfast is also served quite late for a hostel - and I've stayed in quite a few in the UK. It's not a fantastic location, as Hammersmith is difficult to travel to/from on a Sunday morning, and when I asked staff if there were regular transport connections on a Sunday morning (as it was my first time in that part of London), I was told it was every 10 mins for a tube. This was totally false and as a result I had to get a taxi to my connecting train which caused huge expense. I would have thought that the staff would know about these things.

I arrived late in the evening (which I had specified), and the bunk bed I was allocated had no working light beside it which meant I was clambering around in the dark trying not to wake people. Not great. The bathroom had water all over the floor and some of the locks on the toilet doors did not work. Would highly suggest travellers stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I spent 4 nights here and overall thought it was pretty good. The staff are really helpful and friendly and the room and bathrooms were kept clean and tidy. The only downside was that there was no ventilation in the bathroom and only one window in our 8 bed dorm. As it was the middle of summer this made it really hot. Overall though it was a great place to stay with the convenience of a tube station right outside making it easy to get everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2013