“One of the best places to sleep in London !”
Review of YHA London Central

YHA London Central
Ranked #19 of 862 Specialty Lodging in London
Marne-la-Vallee, France
“One of the best places to sleep in London !”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

With all the good advices I read on the internet, I couldn't wait to try this hostel by myself and I wasn't disappointed at all !

The staff is very nice ! I came in too early to check-in so I left my suitcase in a luggage room. The access to the stairs/elevators/luggage room is secured by a card you're given when you check-in.

Regarding the common areas, everything was great : the reception/bar/dining room is nice, well-decorated and clean, there is a laundry room with a hair dryer and a hair straightener and also a kitchen (I haven't used it at all though so I can't give any advice on that).

My room was nice and clean. It was a 6-bedded en-suite room. The room wasn't that big but there was enough space between the beds and I really appreciated the closets !
Also the shower room and toilets are in separated room and if both are busy, another shower and toilets were available just in the corridor.

I'm planning on coming back to London with some friends in a couple of month and will definitely book in this hostel :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DidieM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa
Reviewed September 19, 2013

From the moment we arrived, the service we received was excellent. The prices were fair, the food was good, the rooms were clean and the location was perfect. The beds were a bit small (my husband is 6'2'') and it was a bit noisy but we would highly recommend this hostel (we already have to a friend who is coming to London in December 2013).

Thank you YHA for all the great advice you gave us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hostel is well managed and even on weekends the noise at night is acceptable.
A purpose built facility with a lift to access the higher floors.
Cafeteria offers good Wifi.
Tours can be booked at reception.
staff friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: When travelling with luggage on underground it pays to research which stations have lifts and escala...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I really like this hostel. I always try to stay here, when i´m in london with my friends. the staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the oxford street is in walking distance. there are a lot of cafés around where you can have breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

All family rooms are in the basement, and tube trains run directly below. They pass every 15-90 seconds. Pity they dont tell you this over the phone when booking. I wish I was joking. Wont be returning.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank hungrybadger
JamesRyan704, Manager at YHA London Central, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Hungrybadger,

Thank you for your review. On the lower ground floor we have 2 X 2 bedded rooms and 1 x 4 bedded room. It is correct to say that all of the twin rooms are located on the lower ground floor but of the 70 rooms that we have (approx 40 of which are 4 bedded ensuite rooms perfectly suited for family use) all are located on the other 6 floors of accommodation.

We have not received a great deal of negative feedback regarding the location of the rooms, they are the most recently refurbished so have not thought that mentioning the location on the telephone was an issue until now- this will be reviewed and clearer information will be given.

I have only once in five years received feedback regarding the noise from the Victoria Line that passes under the ground below the hostel but I am really sorry that this was an issue. YHA London Central is located in the heart of Central London that enjoys a very quiet street without road or bar noise. Sadly, it is very difficult to enjoy such a location without some form of background noise.

Again I would like to thank you for your review and that you scored the other categories objectively despite your dissapointing visit. Guests will be informed regarding the location of the rooms following your feedback.

Regards,

James Ryan
Hostel Manager
YHA London Central
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hostel when we first moved to London. I was here for about 3 weeks. The rooms are clean and they even have outlets and reading lights on each bed, which is very convenient. The welcome area has a place to eat and order food, a hangout lounge and computers.
The staff are more than welcoming, friendly, and knowledgeable about London and surrounding areas.
The area is okay, not much to do in Central London (except Soho) but if you want/need to stay in that area, than this is the place to go.

Room Tip: I would always try and get a room with the least amount of people. That's my opinion though. Don...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Staying at London Central in July 2013 was my first hostel experience, and it far exceeded my expectations. As a first time solo traveller, i was a little nervous when I arrived in London, but once I settled in the hostel, I was quickly feeling comfortable. I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm, which was very clean and nice. Each bed had its own light and PowerPoint socket, which i appreciated. Lockers were available in the decent sized room. The bathroom and toilet were located outside the room, and only one on the entire level, however i never had to wait in line to use either of them. They had great kitchen and laundry facilities and even hair straightners and hair dryers in the laundry room. The location was also fantastic, near the underground and not too far from regent street. Highly recommend this great hostel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo