“Refined, excellent food and great service”
Review of Roux at The Landau

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Transit: Underground: Oxford Circus
Description: Father and son Albert and Michel Roux Jr are working together for the first time in over 20 years. This partnership brings Roux's legendary culinary expertise and creativity Roux at The Landau, their second West End address. Roux at The Landau entices with classically constructed dishes offering French cuisine with a British twist. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and the only Sunday brunch by Chez Roux. The restaurant's private dining room Postillion can accommodate up to 18 people.
“Refined, excellent food and great service”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

A day watching England cream New Zealand at Twickenham was rounded off with an excellent dinner. We all had the tasting menu along with the wine. It was expensive but we were celebrating and took away many happy memories. Service was great, attentive but not in your face. I hope to return soon.....

• Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing second time round”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We chose the Roux at the Landau for a birthday celebration in Jan 2013 after a trip there a few months ago. Starters were delicious - chestnut soup was gorgeous and my hubby had the mackerel. I had the cavatelli (veggie option) and hubby the salmon. My main was extremely stodgy (think gnocchi) and bland and his salmon was delicious. Dessert was good all round. Staff seemed frantic when it appeared unnecessary rushing around and therefore creating a tense atmosphere. I think that was the worst part of the dining experience - being constantly aware of staff rushing around. Calm them down!!!

1 Thank VHarryS
West Yorkshire
“SUPERB cuisine in an equally superb setting!...First Class! Outstanding!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Having eaten here on several occasions, both for lunch and dinner, I always wax lyrical about Roux at the Landau on all levels!.The menus are imaginative, beautifully prepared, superbly presented and served with great pride and professionalism!...The staff are attentive but not intrusive, exact but not pretentious, informed but not overbearing...Infact, everything you could wish for in a restaurant of this calibre...Each time I have eaten here, I have felt that the whole experience has been most memorable...Food, service, ambience...All first class!...If you enjoy fabulous food and fine wine then I'm sure you'll find the Roux at The Landau a perfect choice! It is at the VERY top of my list of "London's Best Eating Experiences"...Do yourself a favour and make a reservation next time you are in the Capital...I'm certain you won't be disappointed! Can't wait to return again!

• Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I must admit to not having high expectations when I went - it was just convenient when staying in the hotel. However the food was excellent: thoughtful well-composed dishes with a real depth of flavour. Not cheap, but for this quality of cooking a bargain.
Room itself was lovely with professional service. Only downside was the room was a bit too empty for any genuine atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and great service”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with my husband and parents as a birthday dinner. We all thoroughly enjoyed our food choices and we were ably assisted by the lovely maitre'd and the very capable sommelier and staff. A fantastic meal and we would all be delighted to return.