“Overpriced. Cramped. Rude staff.”
Review of Empire Casino

Empire Casino
Ranked #630 of 1,728 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Set your pulse racing at the liveliest casino in the UK where the action sizzles 24/7. The Empire offers the best games, top dealers, and round-the-clock entertainment – everything you would expect from a casino in the world-class Caesars stable. There are games to suit every style and mood, plus the hottest Poker room in town, a great Asian fusion restaurant and a choice of brilliant bars, including Icon, a VIP-style balcony bar overlooking Leicester Square and the Carlsberg Sports Bar…probably the best sports bar in the world! Empire Casino operates a no charge open door policy for over-18s; membership is not needed, but ID is essential.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Tries to be very glamorous and yet struggles with that. Has a very tired appearance and when I went with a few mates from work two were very poorly treated by door staff for being "drunk and disorderly" despite having had just one pint before. After that mess was sorted, we got inside and I found it stuffy, cramped and boring. The drinks are overpriced and when I tried to get one I found myself waiting for an absolute age. All in all wouldn't recommend it and when I went to the hippodrome casino the after we all left at about 9:20 I had a much better time welcomed in by friendly staff and managed to just catch the end of dinner at the restaurant which was superb. Had a terrible time at the Empire and wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Totally agree with the previous review: A great deal, £27 for two includes dinner, cocktails, & £5 betting money each. Dinner was delicious with ample choice & the service great - no way did we feel 'inferior' as we handed over our vouchers. The barman was very knowledgeable & people-watching over Leicester Square was eye-popping. Sadly, we weren't so lucky with our betting cash but it was fun anyway.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

we had a deal through wowcher for a meal, cocktail and a free bet. We had a table overlooking the gaming floor and couldnt stop watching the action as we ate, the food is pan asian and delicious. You have a cocktail in the icon bar where you can go through to the balcony which overlooks Leicester square.
We tried our free bet £5 bet and walked away with £85 in winnings so all in all a great night, we would definately visit here again

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My sister got a deal through Wowcher for 2 course meal, cocktail and £5 worth of gaming vouchers for 2 of us.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

My sister booked a table at the restaurant for 8pm but when we arrived, the waiter said he had no knowledge of this. The restaurant wasn't packed so we got a two table seat no problem. Despite the restaurant not being very busy with customers, it took quite a while for anyone to take our order. When we went to place our order and produced our meal vouchers, we were told that we had to order from the set menu. Our original menu was taken away and replaced with the much smaller selection set menu.
The Wowcher deal stated "You’ll get an Oriental-inspired starter and main each from an extensive selection of dishes such as salt and pepper squid and sizzling beef in black pepper sauce". Sadly the selection was not extensive and did not include squid or sizzling beef (which was just what I wanted).
The food arrived quickly and what we ordered from the set menu was tasty (albeit smaller portions compared to people around us who were ordering from the full menu).

We decided to head to The Icon Bar straight after for our cocktail. The barman was very friendly and informed us when we produced our cocktail vouchers that we could only order cocktails on the first page. We had a choice of about six to choose from. Whilst waiting for our drinks, I looked through the rest of the menu and the cocktails were all the same price so didn't understand why we couldn't order just anything we wanted. The atmosphere was nice though.

Once we finally braved the gaming floor, we decided to stick with the slot machines. We each lost our £5 gaming coupons in seconds and didn't fancy getting anymore as we clearly didn't know what we were doing! :0)

It was a nice place but their Wowcher offer was dishonest so I won't be going back.

1  Thank Pat A
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Joined the casino, you get points and freebies, so it's worth it. Went straight through to dinner. It's a small restaurant serving pan-Asian. And it was all absolutely delish! It needs to be as so many of the casino's clientele are Chinese. The Chilean wine had a velvety, chocolate aroma, we both rated it highly. I went for steamed prawn dumplings, followed by Thai green curry, fragrant rice and Singapore noodles. It was all so fresh and zingy. The service was good to, we had a French waiter who clearly knew his stuff.

Then down to the gambling tables. Our croupier, Frank, was an absolute charmer, chatty and helpful. We won back every penny we gambled, which mean an hour and a half of free fun. My betting style is cautious, but I loved seeing the high-rolling Chinese stick money all over the place!

Finished off with a cocktail in the Icon bar, which has a rooftop