“Good for money.”

Travelodge London Central Southwark
Ranked #421 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here last weekend with my sister. The location is very good as it's very close to a tube station and close to the centre. When we arrived the staff at the reception were very nice and pleasant. The room was immaculate, shower very clean. Bed was lovely and cosy. No complaints at all. The only issue we had was there was a pile of dirty dishes left outside our door since we arrived at 2pm and did not get cleaned up till at least 11 the next morning. We also had to ask reception for clean towels the next day as cleaner did not leave us any. Other than that it was a lovely stay and I would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Savannah2407
Write a ReviewReviews (2,274)

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

My mother, sister and I booked a triple room here for a girly weekend. We arrived at the hotel and had called ahead to ensure we could leave our bags which we managed to do with no issues and the reception staff were usually quite friendly. On arrival to the room we had 2 single beds set up and the main double all of which were very clean and basic but functional. It wasn't until returning to our room on the second day did things go downhill, our beds were made so badly they were more wrinkly than when wet got out of them, they didn't replace our cups or replenish the teas and coffee. They also only gave us 1 towel on the second night and when we went to reception to ask for extra there was a lot of sighing and no apology. So in a nutshell is a very clean practical hotel but they need to review their house keeping standards.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GSenkyy
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge London Central Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear GSenkyy, it is regrettable that your room had not been serviced to the high standards we would expect. We are sorry to learn the essentials were not replenished correctly during your stay and we will ensure that the Hotel Management team are made aware of the feedback that you have left so that staff can be reminded of the importance of proving a quality service to all guests

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I haven't stayed in a Travelodge for a while, but I have today I was pretty impressed with this one. The location was great, with many landmarks and attractions within comfortable walking distance - yet far enough away from the main thoroughfares to ensure a peaceful nights sleep!
Staff in the reception and bars areas were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and beds comfy. Next door is a nice little cafe if you fancied eating out for breakfast and on the other side there is a handy convenience store.
My only tiny quibble was that I usually travel pretty light and don't normally take a hair dryer with me, so I was disappointed to find that there wasn't one in the room as standard, but I suppose all hotels in the chain must be the same.
I would definitely recommend this Travelodge and will certainly consider staying there again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nairney_83
TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge London Central Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for your review Nairney_83, we’re really pleased to learn of your positive feedback. Unfortunately we do not provide hair dryers in the rooms as part of our brand standard, although our customers may borrow hair dryers from reception, free of charge. They are available on a first come first serve basis.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with family, able to arrange rooms next door to each other at check in which was quick, efficient and staff were helpful throughout. Rooms clean functional and good value for the price, next to the train line and not disturbed at all by noise either inside or out. Would recommend to use for a base when visiting South London / next door to the jubilee line

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank skybluemoon
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Good location as it was just a few minutes walk to the Tate Modern on South Bank and about 10 mins walk from Waterloo station. Rooms are basic but clean and newly refurbished. Our room, 708 on the top floor had a good view of the skyline and The Shard. Although railway was below, we weren't disturbed by train noise. Bed was very comfortable. Only downside was no opening window which felt a bit claustrophobic. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Plenty of eating places around. There was food festival on on the South Bank this weekend so great choice of street food and street entertainment. Enjoyed a visit to Borough Market and Maltby Street market - a great foodie weekend. Went on the London Eye late afternoon when it wasn't too busy - amazing views.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dohoPoole
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The location of the hotel was perfect for us, pleasant staff and good service, good quiet location and easy access other parts of London via the tube. The staff Were very helpful, nice selection of food

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed in Travelodges before and know what to expect so wasnt surprised by the lack of toiletries and fairly basic rooms. However, this time I was stunned that they could charge me (well my company) £171 room only.
Location wise it's not too bad and is close to Southwark Tube and bars and restauarnts on the South Bank.
However the view from my room was a close up of people passing by on trains along the nearby viaduct.
The hotel claims it has been recently refurbished by tiles were cracked in the bathroom, bits of the shower had fallen off, the movement sensing lights in the corridor didnt seem to work so it was vert diffuclt trying to get back into the room at night, there was a smell of damp and the twels were like sandpaper.
The bar does a fairly standard selection of pies, burgers, chips etc and wasn't badly priced but again you get what you pay for with the food, although Claudio who was serving was very friendly, polite and professional.
And if it wasny expensive enough the soft drinks vending machine decided to eat my money and not give me a drink.
Was it worth £171? Absolutely not. Would I have been satisfied if I had paid the more usual price of around £50? Possibly but I have stayed in bettwer Travelodges.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank npr1uk
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge London Central Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment npr1uk. We are still committed to offering competitive rates and advise customers to book as far in advance as possible to access the cheapest rates. We are sorry to learn about the issues with your room and will let our hotel staff know so they are able to make repairs and ensure all of our rooms are fresh and aired thoroughly.