Travelodge London Central Southwark
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,356 results
All reviewssouthwark underground stationgreat locationgreat view of the shardrailway linesouth bankfamily roomtravel lodgeborough marketroom was cleanglobe theatrelondon eyeair conminute walkbudget hoteltesco expressreception staffearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2013

From the moment I met the staff till I left 3 days later I can honestly say that I have stayed in many hotels all over the world but this crew look like they are happy to be working here and go that extra mile to enhance the customers expectations. .I would come back here next time i'm in this part of London by choice and not just by price. The only slight is that reception is on floor one. If you have a lot of bags you may need some help checking in unless they can source a trolley from somewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Staff were friendly and willing to check me in at 2.30pm. There is free wifi at the dinning area but you have to pay for it if you want to use it in your room which I did. Paid wifi signal and speed was decent. The room I get faces the shard and the railway tracks but I did not get disturbed by any train noise as the windows are fully enclosed and cannot be opened. My room was spacious and much bigger than some tiny rooms which I had paid much more for. The toilet has abit of smell most possibly from the shower curtain as there is no extractor in the bathroom and those curtains cannot dry properly. The location is fantastic. Lots of cafes and restaurants around for breakfast, lunch or dinner. There is a really nice Indian restaurant down the road which serves a very spicy curry! It was walking distance (10 mins) to Borough market where you can find very good food for lunch. I also like walking along the southbank to St Paul's (5 mins away). Most important it has strong aircon but the unit can be noisy. Anyway if I can get a good price I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HappyFeet25
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Please keep in mind it's a TRAVELODGE, not THE RITZ.
This is by far the best TRAVELODGE we have stayed in. Fantastic value, great location, it's own bar and friendly STAFF.
After reading some earlier reviews, about not friendly staff and noise from the train station, I must I had second thoughts at what we had booked for our 1st WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, but we are the type of people that make our own minds up and speak what we find.
I have never stopped in this area before, so here goes.
Firstly, we got to the hotel about 1pm. Check-in is not until 3pm, you can check in at an extra cost of £10. I have never understood this practice, your room is either ready or it is not! What difference does an extra £10 make, does the room get itself ready? I don't think so, this dropped it a star. But other than that, the reception staff was very pleasant and I did like the idea of donating a pound to charity for each bag you left while you used the left luggage facility. This was for the Mac Millan Cancer Fund, to which you put your donation in the collection tin yourself. GREAT IDEA.
We was and at the time of doing this review still are on the 7th floor(top) entering our room the was a strange type of smell, but I do think it may be a cheap type of air freshener, hence that lost the other star.
The room was spotless, basic, but what the hell we paid for basic. Fine by us. The bar was also used as the breakfast room, but also clean and tidy, slight problem in the bar gents toilets with the ceiling tiles on the sink, don't know what happened their! But easily solved. Can't speak for the ladies toilets for oblivious reasons. We could see the train tracks from our room, but never heard them day or night. In fact never heard any noise from anything.
Bar prices are good, compared to the 3 pubs near by.
Southwark tube station less than 5 mins walk away. Exit tube station cross the road and straight down to the right of the big office type building opposite to get there. 24 hour mini supermarket next to the Travelodge, very handy.
OVERALL, use the tube train to get anywhere you want to go. Feels a very safe area. The Travelodge great budget hotel.
If your rich, use the RITZ, if you not and want a base use SOUTHWARK TRAVELODGE.
I hope this helps, it is an honest and down to earth review.
It is now midnight and the bar is now filling up, with patrions coming back from the shows.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Sbould
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times in the last 6 weeks each time on business. The staff are brilliant, very friendly and very helpful. I've not encountered a queue at either check in or check out despite staying here during the school holidays. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant is good value for money and the food is very nice. The hotel is next to a railway line but I can hand on heart say that despite the fact that the trains run through the night I haven't been disturbed once.

The hotel is in easy walking distance of many of the London attractions. Just 20 mins to London Eye and there are loads of restaurants and pubs within less than 5 mins if you don't want to eat in the hotel.

The only thing that lets the hotel down is the current problem with the plumbing. During one stay I had to request to be moved because the noise coming from the shower (and next door's) was like sitting in a concert hall full of trombones! My most recent stay 2nd-4th September saw me having to turn the shower off half way through as otherwise the shower tray would have overflowed into the rest of the bathroom. Both these rooms were on one particular side of the building (nearest the railway line). There seems to be no issue with rooms in the centre of the hotel. Despite being within walking distnace of the office this problem will put me off staying again until the problem is sorted. Without this I'd have given five circles to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge London Central Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your review Alison H. Whilst we are pleased to learn you have received a high level of service from our staff and found the rooms to be clean, it is regrettable that you have experienced maintenance issues and we are sorry to hear that. Your comments will be passed to our Hotel Management team so they are able to address these issues. We’d like to apologise for any inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hotel close to the metro Southwark (100 meters), nice breakfast although the room is small. Good idea not to pay for breakfast for children. Good dinner. The room (# 322) small but cozy, no closet. The low ceiling and small room make the atmosphere a little claustrophobic, I would have preferred that the window would open for a change of air. There is a small market open 24h 7 days a week near the Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family