“Wonderful & convenient place to stay”

One Fanthorpe Street
We can't find prices for this accommodation
One Fanthorpe Street
Ranked #178 of 554 London B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful & convenient place to stay”
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I had a pleasant room at top of the house with en suite bathroom. It is the same double room that my husband & I have every year as we have been coming to this b&b for many years now. The location is very good for me as I have relatives nearby, plus one can travel almost anywhere in a short time via bus, train, tube. I never have any problem getting around town quite quickly. The hosts are extremely helpful with travel advice, if asked. One is made to feel very welcome and I have met many different people at breakfast which I think is part of the fun of being in a b&b. Breakfast is always to my liking. I have Coeliac Disease which means a wheat free diet exclusively & once I communicated this to the hosts, they made every effort to comply. Special foods were purchased to accommodate my diet & I was very grateful about the way it has been handled. I feel I can eat safely there. The location is also good for restaurants, shopping, theatre at Richmond, a Leisure Centre for swimming/exercising, etc. Being so close to the river the walks are very nice....all recommended by the hosts, having lived there for a long time. We always get a very cheerful welcome when we arrive and are made to feel at home. An in room tea & coffee tray has been added since our last visit which is a welcome addition. All-in-all I have nothing negative to say about this b&b. My stay in May 2010 was all I expected, as it always is. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pam R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I promised the b&b lady to write this review as soon as we left but I just forgot... sorry! We were residents in the area and my husband and I stayed there a few days between homes, until our new home was sorted. We had a lovely week. There is internet access so I could work from my room or from the living room downstairs, and the breakfast was superb. The room, the house, the owners, Putney (of course) are lovely and it felt like being at home. When my family used to come to visit me from Spain they also stayed there and they all loved it because for them it was like having a proper English experience, which you rarely get in Central London. Did I say the price is also very good? I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Inma9
Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We stayed two nights at One Fanthorpe Street. It is outside of the busy center of London, but it is fairly easy to get there on the Underground followed by a quick bus ride. The beds were cozy, and the hosts were excellent. The breakfast was a simple spread of cereal, toast, fruit, meat, cheese, and tea.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2009

The house is well located a short trip from the tube. The owners are extremely kind and friendly. The fod was excellent and the room was supreme. I had a fantastic time there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
margate
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We had a very comfortable stay, the bedroom was great airy but warm. There are loads of good restaurants within walking distance and it is easy to get into Central London by bus or tube within a short distance. I would throughly recommend this to anyone looking for a B&B.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Copenhagen
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We used the One Fanthorpe Street B&B for a 4 night stay while visiting relatives living nearby. The prime reason for choosing this B&B was the convenient location for our specific purpose. We were not disappointed. From our initial contact via e-mail and throughout our stay our host were very accomodating and helpful to our special needs. Our room was fairly small (we were informed before renting), but clean and comfortable and our hosts re-arranged the room so that there was space for our 2,5 year old son together with us. There was an associated (en-suite) bathroom for our use only. Breakfast was so-called 'continental'. In this incarnation, it meant fresh fruit, different youghurts, 5 different choices of cereal, toast, ham, chesse, 3 choices of jam, tea or coffee, juice and milk. We were full, when we left the table :-). One is using the same entrance as the hosts, but we did not find this to be a problem, we were greeted with genuine, but non-intrusive interest, whenever we met someone. All in all, we had a great experience, the special care for our son was remarkable (old toys were collected from the attic). The B&B is, however, not so well suited for someone wanting to spend a lot of time in the room, as the rooms are quite small.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank JackOnTheRoad
Melbourne
Reviewed July 19, 2008

We stayed in Putney in May 2008. Putney is a delightful area and One Fanthorpe Street is quite close to the river. There is a bus stop nearby and the train station is about 15 mins walk. A large shopping strip is very close to the railway also.The rooms in this bed and breakfast are quite small with very little room to put luggage anywhere. Also no tea/coffee making facilities in the room.Unlike other b&b's we have stayed in , the owners do not have private areas, so you are virtually renting a room in the main part of the house. This can mean that you are in the middle of their comings and goings. Breakfast was average and they do not provide any cooked food. The hosts were fairly laid back. On the day of our arrival we received a fairly ordinary welcome and no information was shared regarding the local area , transport or any of the things you usually like to know when arriving in a new place. Our stay was not unpleasant but we felt the service and extra touches such as tea/coffee making let it down.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — small room, no tea/coffee making facilities, lack of service
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank bistro1
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
The Lodge Hotel, Putney
The Lodge Hotel, Putney
#304 of 1,068 in London
Brewers Inn
Brewers Inn
#532 of 1,068 in London
Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth

Been to One Fanthorpe Street? Share your experiences!