“Great local restaurant with excellent Thai cuisine and friendly staff”
Review of Sri Suwoon

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pimlico
Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

Very well appointed and pretty room with white linen and super Thai food. Friendly staff and reasonable prices. Basement bar area didn’t look like it got much use but would be ideal for a big party.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (326)

Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

Walked in without a reservation on a Tuesday evening and it was quite busy but still had a calm atmosphere. Clean and bright interior upstairs and downstairs there’s another bar and a more intimate feel to the place. We chose from the specials board and also asked for the waiter’s recommendation. Enjoyed the mixed starters for sharing and the sea bass in plum sauce was a bit sweet but still tasty. Lovely fresh tasting side order of stir fried vegetables alongside coconut rice as accompaniments. The best thing was the king prawns in mild yellow curry sauce with flaked almonds and sweet potato. Food arrived quickly but we weren’t rushed. The mixed sorbets with a large measure of Cointreau poured over made a light and refreshing dessert. I’d definitely go there again if I’m ever in London.

Reviewed July 12, 2019

Staff were friendly and very attentive, and the food was fantastic - loved the sharing style so we both got to share!! Will definitely go back.

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Generally the food was good but two of us felt that the food lacked any real heat. Maybe they play safe as we did hear several customers asking how spiced the food was, but my duck dish was very mild. Starters were very good. Staff were ok but where were the smiles? Overall good value and safe but not the best in terms of authentic food.

Reviewed June 30, 2019

My wife and I were in London for the day visiting an exhibition at Tate Britain. When we were planning our visit we looked around Victoria Station for restaurants and we chose Sri Suwoon in Hugh Street.

We were almost on our own for our lunch but we didn't feel alone. The surroundings of the restaurant made us feel quite at home. The service was very efficient.

For starters, my wife had chicken satay and I had soft shelled crab in a tempura batter with chillies.

For mains my wife and beef massaman and I had duck massaman and we shared a bowl of steamed rice. The food was delicious!

So, very relaxed lunch, great tasting food and great service.

Some restaurants have a quite lonely feeling at at lunch time when there are few diners - Sri Suwoon didn't.

Date of visit: June 2019