“I had a yen for Italian while in London for the Diamond Jubilee...”
Review of Bella Italia London - Victoria - CLOSED

Bella Italia London - Victoria
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Reviewed July 5, 2012

...so I looked online to see what was available close to my hotel near Victoria station. Found Bella Italia at 152 Victoria Street. It was a chilly, rainy early evening, and I was so glad my hotel had called to make a reservation — there were people waiting and the line was out the door (granted, the entry was tiny). And oh, the warmth and delicious smells were so welcoming! I was speedily nestled into a snug little corner and quickly decided on a glass of the house Merlot, the Polpettini starter (baked, spiced meatballs in tomato sauce, topped with mozzarella, and served with toasted ciabatta), and spaghetti carbonara as an entrée. [I must admit I was gently steered to the Merlot by the waiter, who gave me a knowing wink when he saw I wanted the Polpettini.] Everything was delicious and came out in an extraordinarily well-timed fashion. The portions were certainly ample. WARNING: If you’re watching your weight, either one of the starter or the entrée would be quite enough followed by dessert. I’m not, so I had both AND dessert — the GodFather Fragola, vanilla and strawberry ice cream, crushed meringue, strawberry coulis, fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and dark chocolate sprinkles. With coffee, I was in heaven and just about to nod off. Thank goodness I had to hike back to my hotel. The exercise helped my digestion and woke me up. Pricewise, it was about what you’d expect for a restaurant in the heart of a major tourist area: by no means cheap, but not exceptionally expensive either. I was satisfied the prices were in line with other tourist spots in the same area. Excellent food. Excellent location. Excellent service. Good pricing. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did — and give that waiter a wink from me!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I traveled to London for work and went here for my evening meal with my daughter. We had the early evening special which was fantastic. The service was exceptional and the staff made us so welcome.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We visited the restaurant but it was Bella Italia as apposed to Bella Pasta as the heading to the review states prior to a visit to the theatre to see Wicked, we were given a couple of options of a table as it was not very busy when we arrived unlike when we left. We were told about the specials when given the menu. We have eaten in a few London Bella Italias and they all seem to have a familiar theme. There was nothing on the menu that I wanted as I am probably the fussiest eater you could come about the waiter asked what I would like and when I explained he said he would do his best and true to his word I got what I asked for, top marks to the waiter and the chef. My daughter had the lasagne and thoroughly enjoyed along with a portion of their delicious chips.

The restaurant has a rustic feel, was clean with clean bathroom facilities. All of the waiting staff were very pleasant and throughout the meal we never felt rushed and valued. I would recommend to try if you are in the vacinity I am sure you will enjoy

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We received food service but couples around us did not and I felt that becuase we had children they were keen to help us and get us out, the 2 couples by us however, were sseated before us and were still there when we left. We were also sat by the door and the draught was frustating to say the least

Reviewed January 25, 2012

The meals were typical English/Italian and although were flavoursome and of a reasonable size they were pretty standard fare.