“Another excellent visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victory Services Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Victory Services Club
You added Victory Services Club to your Saves list
Ranked #5 of 785 Specialty Lodging in London
Sydney
“Another excellent visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I joined the VSC on my trip to UK in 2010 following the recommendations of my mother when planning a return visit to UK from Australia. I find the location of VSC is excellent being a short distance from Marble Arch underground, bus stops and Hyde Park. As a solo traveler I feel comfortable here and always made welcome. I had booked a room for my early am arrival into UK but the flight was delayed. Unable to advise of delay VSC had in the meantime rung my contact # to ask if I was still arriving.

This visit I requested a premium Memorial twin room to see the difference between the Centenary premium and as stated on the web furnishings are comparable of 3 to 4 star but room was still very good. There is a walk from the lift past some of the Centenary rooms to get to the Memorial Wing but it is level. The ensuite was new and room was comfortable with tasteful decoration. The bed was comfortable and the room had individual temp control which I appreciated. I found housekeeping to be very accommodating with any requests eg. extra teabags, milk and different biscuits due to allergy. Also I reported a faulty exhaust fan which was repaired.

I have always requested a quiet room which means one facing the back of the property. I was on the 4th floor and passed the shared bathroom facilities which also looked new. From 7.00am there was low building noise above my room which I took to be ongoing renovation but the noise level was low until 9am when tools were used. I had a quest stay with me and she also found the room very comfortable and the food excellent with the breakfast having excellent choices.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Plantmania

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

For a few days, the VSC is worth considering. Full English breakfast and other meals are excellent and reasonably priced. This is not the very "upper-class" London Club --- although it does convey the feeling of being "British"! My wife and I are members and use the club whenever we have only a few days in London, otherwise we rent a furnished flat for a week or more.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SwindonMcPrell
Devon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in a Centenary twin room for one night. I asked for a quiet room and this was away from the Edgeware Road on the fourth floor. The beds were comfortable but had a sheet and a blanket - not what we are used to. The bathroom was clean with toiletries supplied and the water was always hot. Tea and coffee - more than we needed -was on a tray with a kettle but the milk supply was too meagre.
A hairdryer was supplied.
Breakfast was very good with lots of choice.
You can come and go at any time of day. The staff are friendly.There is a bar which is rather expensive and seemed to lack snacks.There are quiet areas for relaxing or reading. The location is excellent - near to Hyde Park and Marble Arch. I'll certainly use the Club again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room in the Centenary wing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JacLiz
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Yet another first class stay with Victory Services. What more can I say. Good food, good wine, good price. Location central to Marble Arch. Just money well spent. Staff polite and professional. Front of house staff professional and very courteous and always willing to help

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

As always, the VSC maintined its excellent standards and value for money. Had to change the original day, but as always it was no problem for the staff to sort out. As an ex-military person, this has to be one of the best value places to stay in London.
Well done again to the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mark F
Ramsgate, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I could find no faults with the club. From the moment I was met at the door to the moment I left, I was treated with courtesy. The front of house staff were always ready to help and the only complaint I had( my TV didn't work properly) was dealt with promptly..
The food was excellent but a little pricey but then I was in Central London. The waitresses were efficient and attentive. The bedroom was comfortableand everything I needed was to hand. It was very quiet in the Centenary Wing. The prices were reasonable and the facilities were excellent.
On leaving, I was asked if I needed a taxi and one was made available as soon as I reached the door. I thorughly enjoyed my stay there and hope to go again soon.

Room Tip: Book early ! Try for rooms in he Centenary Wing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KarlTroop
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed at the VSC for 7 nights in the older wing (Memorial Wing) of the club. Reservations staff were extremely helpful during the booking process.

Arrived in the early hours of the morning before the published check-in time so my room was not ready, however the staff were extremely helpful in accommodating me with a shower so I could freshen up after the long flight from Australia.

The facilities were basic but, you have to remember what the VSC is, it’s a club not a standard hotel and it’s all about value for money. The rooms in the older wing are very plain but functional. The beds are a little on the small side, and the plastic sheet under the bottom sheet is a little odd. Do they get a lot of guests with bladder problems?

Location of the club is fantastic, and this makes it a very good base to get around Central London. The other guests staying in the club I met were all friendly and were of all ages, ranks, and included both current and ex-serving members of various nations.

The Lounge Bar staff were friendly and helpful and the food was good.

As mentioned by other posters, I feel that some staff could really be a little bit more welcoming and less surly. You would think being a club it would have a different feel with its customer service than the big chain hotels, however it was really lacking by some of the front desk and concierge staff.

I am glad I am a member, and I will more than likely stay here again on my next UK trip, however will make sure I book the new Centenary Wing rooms.

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo