“Basic but good”

Ranked #1,576 of 25,298 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lorenzo of Crystal Palace situated near the Crystal Palace Park on SE19’S trendy Westow Hill, Lorenzo has stood its ground since 1985 and has been increasing in popularity over those 30 years. The restaurant is set over three floors, the ground floor, the basement and Capri on the first floor, perfect for parties up to thirty people with a small outdoor roof terrace. Hustle, Bustle and full to the brim, if it’s Neapolitan authenticity you crave, come on down and enjoy our menu!
Reviewed March 27, 2014

A lovely little Italian restaurant. Extremely good vfm. Had Pizza Regina, green salad and a coke for under £8. If you like American pizza then this might not be the place for you; a girl at a neighbouring table was grumbling about lack of cheese but I found the toppings delicious and plentiful. Very friendly staff and welcoming atmosphere. Not an "excellent" review because it did not have any wow factor, but I would certainly return next time I am in the area. If you want a fuss free lunch look no further.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've eaten at Lorenzo's many times & the food & service is generally pretty good. It's charm is that it's not a chain, the waiters & owners try really hard & the food is reasonably priced & usually pretty good. The problem is that it is a victim of it's own success & they squeeze too many people into too small a space. We visited with friends on Saturday night & it was rammed, & the service was very slow & a couple of our dishes had to be returned. That said, they tried hard & we had a good night regardless. Will give them another go

1  Thank Chris F
Reviewed February 24, 2014

A friendly greeting at the door, happy, attentive staff, well priced, tasty food and a good ambience. That makes everything needed for a great meal. Recommended.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We went to Lorenzo's last Sunday with my Daughter Nicola and her husband Dave my daughter had looked up this restaurant and we went there for my birthday, well what a fabulous ambiance the staff were amazing the food delicious and I am a fussy eater, but I could not fault any of the food it was great we had the window table it was very comfortable even the chairs were comfortable we have been to some top restaurants and some of there chairs hurt your legs after a while but these were very comfortable, fabulous fabulous everything was fabulous cannot recommend it enough but you must book as very busy all tables were full upstairs and down and we got there at 6.30pm, Dave Nicola & Steve had the prawns in garlic to start and I had Garlic Bread they said they were the best prawns they had ever had cooked to perfection, Myself (Judy) and Dave my son inlaw had the steak and fries which I asked for well done and that is how it came just how I like it and very tasty it was tooooo Dave said the same about his delicious and he also had some of mine, Nicola my daughter had spaghetti pesto and she asked if they could put prawns in it and they obliged she said it was delicious, Steve my husband had veal with a white wine sauce which he loved he said that the sauce was to die for and the veal was cooked to perfection again, for pudding Dave and Nicola had the chocolate fudge cake which was to die for, and Steve had the special which the waitress said they have just bought back onto the menu it is like a small pizza with apple on and ice cream? he does not usually have a pudding but said he wanted to try it and he said it was fabulous again and that it is well worth a try and he would have it again, he actually had to share it with Dave and Nicola as it was to big for him, well great evening had by all will be going back as it was the best meal I have had out for a long time and we have eaten in five star restaurants all over the world and this is bar far one of our top restaurants for food/comfort/ambiance/service I cannot praise it highly enough, well must run off to Sartoria restaurant in Saville Row.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This place is great. My girlfriend is going to pass out when she reads this as I don’t give many places 5*

Food is great, nice little place for short or long stays.
Like a lot of places I think it all depends when you go to a place as everyday is different and every experience is different but on every occasion I have been to this place it has been great.

Friendly staff, food is great and the price is fantastic

1  Thank Londonmillwall