“Awful, overpriced food.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We thought to try Spur restaurant on a busy Sunday afternoon. Well, it was busy in every other restaurant in the 02 except Spur, we soon realised why! We went for an "all you can eat" ribs & chicken wings offer which was around £15-16. The meat was disgusting and not very high quality, the sauce was very bland and we had to pay £2 for a chilli sauce! The drinks we received were supposed to be "Pepsi" yet they appeared to be a cheaper alternative. All in all, it was disgusting and I will never be returning.

1  Thank SimClark
There are newer reviews for Spur Steak & Grill

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We ate at their outlet at the o2 following a recommendation from our hotel. Very disappointed, my husband's burger was as tough as rubber and had obviously been hanging around in the kitchen for quite a while. Nice onion rings and sides but for a place that specialises in meat its not really good enough. Service slow even though there were very few people in there. Lacks atmosphere and has little to lift it above the bog standard chains that surround it. Not cheap either for what it offers.

1  Thank Tess502
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Was looking forward to trying this place and their 2 for 1 burger offer on a Wednesday. We visited on a non-event day so the place wasn't very busy with only about 7 other tables being served. We had booked tickets for a film at the cinema and gave ourselves an hour to eat which seemed like a reasonable enough time.

We ordered some chicken wings for a starter (which upon reflection we shouldn't have as our main meal order didn't go through to the kitchen until after they were served) which took 30 minutes to arrive. We then asked the waitress whether she could rush the burgers who said she would try but a big table had arrived and their orders were being made first. It took another 40 minutes for our burgers to arrive which had to be rush eaten as we had missed the beginning of our film and so I didn't finish my meal. A man who appeared to be a manager did come over to offer us a dessert or discount for the wait but considering I didn't get to enjoy my meal slowly and within a reasonable time frame I don't think I will be visiting this place again unless I have 2 hours to eat a meal.

The food was ok and for the deal was a fair enough price but be prepared to wait ages for your food, even when they're not busy.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

visit this resturant quiet often , specially on wednesday 2 4 1 burger. in just 14/15 pound you get two double stack burgers with two sides each and unlimted drink!!!! couldnt be better. after a show in cineworld on wednesday we always go their for meal and always enjoy it, this double stack is really big that u cannot even fit it in your mouth so i always eat one patty as a steak, lol.
other days they offer all u can eat ribs and wings, 2 4 1 steak and many more.
give it a visit cz u will get same or even better burger with this much gud bargain compare to TGIF where the burger always get stuck in my throat and i constantly need drink as thts so dry and blunt.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Having eaten here before (last time it was pretty good - about a year ago), we ate here.

Two of us had cheeseburgers:
- we were not asked the type of cheese (even though the menu offers 4+)
- the burgers were massively overcooked - burnt and dry
- the buns looked nice but had an unpleasant yeasty smell to them

The child pizza:
- was barely cooked - cheese was merely melted rather than browned at the edges
- the pizza was very "herby" - like someone had emptied a pot of mixed herbs all over it - tasted a bit like a cheap frozen pizza I would have eaten in my childhood

Chips:
- had flaky powder on them (not featured in the menu) could not work out whether it was seasoning or dirty oil - I decided on the latter.

One child had nuggets:
- this was the only success - they were nice.

Its not a cheap place to eat. Some of the other similarly themed restaurants have much cheaper kids meals.

The packs they give to kids with stickers and pencils was cool.

They seemed very slow in seating people - there were several empty tables yet the queue kept growing.

I won't be going back again.

We were pushed for time and the kids were hungry otherwise 3 out of 4 would have been sent back.

Staff were very friendly though.