“Once is enough ”

Ranked #2,827 of 28,642 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Soho
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I decided to try Burger and Lobster because it is well known. We chose this restaurant because we like Leicester square.

The decor and ambience was very nice. I quite liked the lobster fish tanks. The layout of upstairs was more for increasing capacity to hold as many customers as possible, rather than for comfort and intimacy. It also felt more like an upscale fast food joint, as customers literally came and went.

I was in no mood to rush my order or rush my food. I was hungry so I went for the combo with parmesan cheese, while my husband went for the lobster roll. His looked attractive while mine was filling. There was only steamed lobster which was disappointing.

Dessert was cute, sticky toffee pudding with vanilla icecream.

It's unlikely I will eat there again as it wasn't really that special. But was nice to visit at least once to have the experience.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank marciat455
Write a reviewReviews (327)

Reviewed September 14, 2019

Definitely a place to recommend and to return in our next trip to London. Excelente food and service.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 16, 2019

Great table service. Friendly staff from the host to bar staff and waiters.
Great portion sizes and tasty cocktails.
Lovely atmosphere and vibe.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2019

I had visited B&L's Soho branch many times before and I didn't like their foods and services at all, so I had no expectation when I came to their Leicester Square branch.
My friend and I ordered 2 burgers: a Nebraskan beef burger, a combined "beef & lobster" burger, together with 2 portions of fries, salads plus 2 cocktails. The beef burgers were absolutely delicious, they were juicy, smoky and tender. The beef had a very mouth-watering charcoal taste. The lobster meat was lovely too, it was meaty and not chewy. The foods at this branch were much better than its Solo branch, I didn't know whether it was due to the improvement of their import food quality or it was just the chefs here were better than its Soho's branch. After all, it had inevitably improved my impression of "Burger & Lobster".
Service was attentive, unlikely its Solo branch, staffs were friendly and foods were served fast to the table. We sat upstairs (by the windows) and seats were comfortable. It was much spacious and quieter than its Soho branch too. It cost around £55-60 which was fairly reasonable. We had a lovely time here!
Highly recommended if you're nearby. I will definitely come back.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank SnowballAdventure
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Burger & Lobster is a very nice, clean and spacious place. The restaurant looks pretty new and the menu has a decent amount of variety. I had never tried lobster before coming here and it was okay (don't think I'm a major fan!) it was the experience that made me give the 4 stars. The restaurant is quite pricey (but what do you expect?) and comes with a 12.5% service charge included in the bill.

I did enjoy the overall experience but there are plenty other places where the food is a lot more tastier.

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to Burger & Lobster Leicester Square? Share your experiences!