“Near to St Pancras station” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kings Cross Inn Hotel

Kings Cross Inn Hotel
Ranked #790 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Near to St Pancras station”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I needed a hotel to stay near St. Pancras Station and that's why I chose this hotel to spend a night. The hotel room is small. The bathroom is new and clean. The bed is uncomfortable.The hotel has no elevator, so you'll have to carry your bags to your room. I recommend this hotel for people who really need to stay near the station.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel is directly opposite Kings Cross Station and is therefore very convenient. However, the room I was allocated was tiny and whilst it was only for 1 night, it is off-putting. Be warned, breakfast may be included but it is Continental only, English is extra.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Iain G
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Interesting much modernised hotel which was suitable for my purposes. I had a double room as a single. The room was clean, tidy and had everything one would expect in a two star hotel. Unusually there was a stack of coffee and tea sachets, more generous than what one normally gets. I did not have breakfast in the hotel which appears to be served in the neighbouring Italian cafe at a discount for guests. The adverts talk about the hotel having a breakfast room. An acceptable two star for London.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank kendoon
Essex, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night while in London for a hen night. Room was small but clean, had a fridge, safe, hairdryer and a working heater which also cooled room down. Bathroom was great with a rainfall shower. Breakfast was pretty poor, and restaurant was pretty shabby. But there are Macdonalds and other places to eat nearby. I would stay there again, and it's literally across the road from kings cross station so ideal location. Our room was on road side but couldn't hear the traffic!

Stayed July 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here for one night on business, having chosen the hotel based on location for convenience, as I was working in 2 separate parts of London on consecutive dates - I wish I'd been more selective!!

On arrival, the check-in process was a shambles with the person failing to understand that I wanted to leave my baggage in the luggage room at that point (9.00am) and return later to check-in. When someone finally did come down who could understand, I was simply given a luggage room card to open the door and told to help myself - They still hadn't checked if indeed I had a booking, and I could have walked off with anything!!

When I did return to check in later that day, there was a whole saga about paying for the room. The room had already been pre-paid by my company, and I had all the necessary documentation with me, plus ID as to who I was - What I didn't have was the card the booking was made with, and they needed that for security, the irony!! Eventually having left Doncaster at 5.30am and being in a series of meetings, I got them to cancel that payment and make another one using my card.

The room when I got to it was run-down with gaps in the windows, a scaffolding up outside the window, and just general shabby things showing a lack of attention to detail.

I won't stay here again, but it's a lesson learned to research on Trip Advisor in the future, just as I normally do!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed in the Kings Cross Inn with my wife for the last 2 nights 25-27 July 14. We were incredibly underwhelmed by the whole experience. Having paid £140 per night I expected a little more than we got:

- tiny room with a put up bed jammed against the wall due to the size of the room.
- small bathroom with a faulty extractor fan that made an bearable noise after it had been turned on for 60secs.
- cleanliness has below par with clutter (storage) in the restaurant - I use the phrase restaurant cautiously - and other areas.
- 4% credit card charges which I thought a tad excessive,
- Breakfast was only continental which was very poor. Tinned peaches, terrible coffee, cold croissants, poor service.
- no lifts.
- I was forced to leave a note to check out as the concierge was AWOL - the biggest issue I had on check out was the print out of the staff wages for the last month sat on the counter (without a bell to summon the staff).

OVERPRICED, UNDER DELIVERS. Go to the. Premier Inn, Travelodge or any other hotel before you book this 2* (at best) hotel with a 3* rating.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.