“Would not return”

Ranked #853 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Redmond, Washington
“Would not return”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

While this is listed as a three star that is a stretch The location is very convent to the Kings Cross station and St Pances , while for the most part I found the hotel to be generally clean and the staff friendly there are a number of aspects that guarantee I would never return. These range from the need to run the in-room AC/heat unit consistently in order to provide white noise to drowned out the sound of the Tube Northern Line which apparently runs under the hotel causing the windows to rattle and walls to shake. When I stayed in October 2012 the breakfast was abysmal, while I understand they are in construction of their Bar/Restaurant that should improve the situation I am afraid that will just add the general nose level which keeps one awake at night. The in room services are basic, great at changing our your towels, but don't expect anything more, one evening my bathroom floor was worse than when I left that morning. Lastly of the 6 night I stayed at the King Cross Inn Hotel they managed to set the fire alarm off 4 of the six morning, one morning three times. My suspicion is this was a result of trying to serve breakfast in a makeshift dining room.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, make sure you get a room not on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Just_Dog_Woof

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The only good thing about this place is the fact that it is cheap and located right next to euston and other major train and tube stations. To begin with the staff where very unfriendly and made myself and 3 friends feel very uncomfortable! There was no record of our reservation when we arrived and had to wait 15 minutes to get greeted- with that no apology! The room was fairly clean! However broken locks on door and bathroom door! Maybe they should consider the safety of there customers as you could easily walk on and out of rooms! Lights going off and on in the middle of the night so I decided to go and see what was going on- on doing do I opened my bedroom door only to set an alarm off, first and last hotel I stay in whereby an alarm is sounded when I open my bedroom door. Checked out of hotel in early hours after deciding that we were not sleeping there- highly recommend premiere inn just across the road, checked in late there and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Csp91

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Rooms are a little small, but unlike some of the earlier reviewers we did not have to give a deposit for the TV remote and we were not charged extra for using credit card or leaving bags. Maybe they read these reviews and improve their service?

Very convenient for the Eurostar

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sheffield
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the King's Cross Inn after booking through LateRooms.

Location is opposite St Pancras/King's Cross and is ideal for getting around. Rooms are modern and are well equiped with air con, flat screen TVs and are clean.

What really lets this hotel down is the penny pinching; if it can be charged for, it will be. If you choose to pay by credit card upon arrival, there's a whopping 4% charge for this!
After checking out, if you want to leave your luggage for more than 2 hours that's an extra £5.
Breakfast was very poor. If you want an English Breakfast, you can, but again it'll cost extra. The Continental breakfast consisted of a plate of ham and cheese with cereal - not the best start to the day and certainly not value for money.

The hotel has so much potential, but the extra charging really left a sour taste in the mouth.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which doesn't look directly into McDonald's!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew C
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Room was very small but i didn't go to London to sit in a hotel room! Chose this place as it was great location for attending nearby gig of Nada Surf and plenty of places to eat nearby following the gig. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. I thought it was reasonably priced for London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Iz-Zejtun, Malta
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have just been at this hotel for 1 week and I must say that I was very glad to find such friendly people working at this hotel. Help with our luggage, clean rooms, tea and coffee facilities in the room, guidance from the receptionist whenever we had queries about our travels ... This stay was fantastic!
Location is exceptional because it is simply in front of Kings Cross Train Station so very very central especially if travelling all the time by underground :)
I must add that breakfast was good as well and staff very nice and efficient. Will surely visit this hotel again when staying in London!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at how tastefully and functionally designed the room was. The rooms may be small, but that's part of staying in London. I have mobility issues, and the staff was just so accommodating and helpful. It was pristine, too. The housekeeping staff really knows their duties and performs them well. The location was the reason I booked this hotel, being right across the street from Kings Cross/St. Pancras station, but I found it to be so much more. I recommend Kings Cross Inn Hotel highly.

I think perhaps the wifi is a little expensive for what you get, but it's nice that it's offered. I had problems disconnecting, even with my computer off, so the time went too quickly. They offer a continental breakfast, which we didn't buy due to it being pricey. Still, I think the hotel is a very good one. I only go into these tiny details because they are so nearly perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple