“A chance lunch !”

Ranked #977 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Perched along Argyll Street in London's West End (home to the London Palladium), Bella Italia is the perfect choice for pre theatre dining. Plus, with Oxford Street just at the top of the road it is also ideal for lunches and dinners for hungry shoppers and sightseers. For that reason this Argyll Street branch of the famous Bella Italia restaurant chain is always busy serving the group's good quality, affordable Italian cuisine. The dining room boasts a rustic yet modern style and the extensive menu features tasty dishes such as meatballs in a rich tomato sauce served with spaghetti or chargrilled salmon served with green beans, roasted new potatoes and a salsa of olives, tomatoes, red onions and basil.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I found this by chance walking down Regent Street looking for a pasta restaurant, as I had just had a tooth removed. It was very busy but we were seated immediately. The food was plentiful and tasty. The waitress could have been happier !

There are newer reviews for Bella Italia Argyll Street

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Went with friends for a pre-theatre dinner on Monday. We were expecting the usual "restaurant chain" reliable fare but actually found it a cut above. The quality of the food, the size of portions and choice were very good, indeed some dishes and the flavours were as if the dishes were cooked individually by the owner chef. The wine list is small but very adequate, covers a good quality and price range but the "house wine" is very acceptable so no real need to go up market. The size of portions are good too, indeed my Tagliatelle di Campagna was very large and particularly tasty. I was also impressed with the squid rings, one is usually given large rings in a bucket and consequently get very few. Bella Italia uses baby squid and consequently you receive a well filled bucket. Despite being what appeared to be full the service was very good, we were not late nor rushed. Our server (Petra) provided a very charming welcome and looked after us with a smile and engaged with us throughout. Had we not had to leave for the theatre we could all have happily stayed longer. Thank you Bella Pasta!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I tend to use Bella Italia wherever there is one when I am out and about. Italian food is lovely and they seem to be able to accommodate you if you want to mix and match sauces with different pastas, this is good for customers like me who fancy a certain dish but find its a creamy sauce which I can't have, they always oblige.
Hope the continue to do this.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We are a family of four travelled to the UK for 9 days. We had been to many different restaurants but unfortunately, Bella Italia is the only one we found the service is poor and unacceptable.

We arrived the restaurant in the evening on 10February and we were served by a waiter. My husband wanted to order Risotto but could not find it on the menu and therefore he asked the waiter who just simply said "no". To us, it is very strange that an Italian rest. has no risotto and therefore we double confirmed with the waiter. Out of no choice, my husband ordered something else.

Soon we placed our order, we looked around the restaurant and saw Risotto written on the black board near the ceiling and we asked another waitress who said the risotto was on the special 2 course menu only available after 7:00pm. i.e. in 10 minutes time. We asked the waitress if we could cancel the previous order and order this 2 course menu and this waitress seemed helpful and went to talk to the waiter.

Without even to talk to the kitchen, the waiter came and said he could not cancel the order. Then, we just said to him he should told us earlier that the rest. did have risotto. He kept saying he did and when we said we just saying the truth, he started to get very angry and said repeadtly and threatenly: "Do you want to talk to my manager?"

We did not actually want to complain to the manager and we just tried to reason with him and expressed our disappointment.

Then the manager came and apologized without solution and sincerity.

We usually tiped our restaurant more than 10% for good service. For this one, we didn't.

We think the service provided by this restaurant fail to meet the standard and we do not recommend it to the other tourists.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We picked this spot after searching for a restaurant while put shopping. It wasn't amazing but was a good meal. The wine selection was decent. Our appetizer came towArd the end of the meal and my pasta was average. My son lived his calzone however. Probably wont go back but think overall it was an average to above average meal.