“Disappointed...”

Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Established over the last decade,Saf has developed a philosophycommitted to providing a healthylifestyle using nutritious plant-based ingredients. With our services and products, weaim to introduce a newsense of well beingto a diverse rangeof customers. Saf is an acronym forSimply Authentic Food,it also means ‘Pure’in Turkish
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was excited about my meal at SAF as I an a non-cheese loving vegetarian. The menu sounded enticing and the restaurant looked welcoming in a corner of the whole food market upstairs dining area. We ordered 2-for-1 pre-dinner cocktails and ramen noodles and vegan sausages & mash mains. These turned up when we were asked again what we would like to drink and explained our cocktails had not arrived. There was a lot of raw cabbage and raw carrot on top of the noodle broth.both ingredients appearing again, only slightly pickled this time, as the components of the kimchi on the side. The broth was watery and needed a lot more flavour. Only the piece of tofu in the broth was tasty. I would have liked more of it for the price. The sausages and mash were also let down by the lack of flavour in the gravy and mash. The sausages themselves were flavoursome enough. I also bought some of the vegan cheese with sun-dried tomato from the shop below which I would buy again.

1  Thank TraceySi

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My friends organised a birthday dinner for me here as I am vegan. I love how modern the cooking is and different the cocktails are. Exciting place to be.

1  Thank Ali S
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Despite being a meat eater, SAF is a must stop destination for my trips to London. The food is creative, delicious, inspirational and even healthy! I visited yesterday and had their poached pear and ice cream for dessert- one of the most enjoyable dishes I've eaten in a long time. Highly recommended for meat eaters and vegans alike. I only wish they would put on classes or bring out a cook book so I could try to recreate some of their magic at home.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Booked a table here on a Saturday night....what a brilliant vegan restaurant! The food was amazing! Even if you aren't vegan I suggest you try it. I had the dumplings to start which I preferred to the ones they do in Wagamama and Yo Sushi, they had much more flavour. I had the risotto for my main meal and it was the nicest risotto I've ever had! They also do brilliant cocktails, I highly recommend the Saf Sangria. The staff were lovely, so helpful and friendly. Can't fault the place!

2  Thank Natalie R
Reviewed September 17, 2013

What a fabulous restaurant!

My daughter and I had a 2 course meal with a glass of wine on Saturday evening. The food was absolutely delicious. We had the Aubergine stack and the Cashew Cheese for starters and the Messaman Curry and Teriyaki Brochettes for the main course – We could not fault the food or the service.

The young lady who looked after us was very efficient and cheerful and could not do enough for us (I’m only sorry I did not get her name).

I’m so glad we’ve found this gem of a place, we will definitely be returning next time we are in London