“Avoid - this hotel doesn't respect booking conditions”
Review of So Sienna

So Sienna
Ranked #583 of 956 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had booking into this hotel for end of July and booking conditions said that there is no booking fee and no prepayment. Despite those conditions, hotel charged at the beginning of July full amount for our stay. I cancelled booking after seeing this and booked into another hotel. Despite my request, hotel has not released amount booked on my credit card (and they haven't responded to my emails at all). I've asked now my bank to block the payment so I hope they will not receive money - but be aware, that this hotel has very strange understanding about following booking conditions and treating their customers even before they arrive.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Traveller123Europe

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Having booked and paid for a deluxe twin bed apt back in Dec 2012,and received confirmation of the booking.I also requested a ground floor apt as I have a hip problem.I arrived at 1.45pm on sat 29th june,having travelled from Australia 2 days before to attend a concert at the H/Smith Apollo on 29th.3 parties had booked here for one night,one couple travelling from florida for the same concert.I was told by mr francis that my room wasn't available,when I asked why I was told that there were maintenance issues (bad drains) I demanded to see my room ,and then was told that there were other guests in there and my room had been given to other guests.We were offered a room at the Best Western serafina at Kensington.Nowhere near the Apollo,which we refused at first as it was so far away and a double bed.In the end we had no choice as we couldn't get a room anywhere in hammermsith because of Wimbledon and Robbie Williams in concert.We had 30 minutes after arriving at Kensington,to get showered,dressed and ready to GO BACK to H/Smith to a restaurant where we had app 35 guests waiting for us.The manager is a Liar ,and in my opinion whomever is responsible for all three parties not having their rooms honoured should be sacked.This ruined my vacation as my trip to London from Australia was only for the purpose of going to the concert in Hammersmith.Incidentally the serafina had two flights of stairs to contend with when I got there.PLUS I had no choice but to share a double bed with a lady Id only met 2 days before.NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Room Tip: The crown plaza at St James is excellent and only 40 GBP more. Dont stay at the so sienna.Becuase th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank Lynette S
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was due to stay here with friends in a suite that was booked back in nov 2012 as it was close to Hammersmith Apollo -a vital component to our stay.Despite payment being taken months prior we arrive to be told there were "maintainence issues"or "mix up with reservations due to new staff "-the excuse varied from time to time .After several tries to get the truth out of Francis it was demanded that we see our apartment so we could see the maintainence issues for ourselves.At ths point we were told we had no room as it had people in it that had booked "very recently " So in other words the room that had been booked 7 months previously had been re let because -wevthink -they got a more lucrative booking.Granted they found us another room but in Kensington -hardly convenient as we had organised. Meal in a local restaurant for 33 people and choose SS as it was very close .
The manager is not accustomed to telling the truth and continually told us lies until pressurised into telling us exactly what was going on .The whole event put what should have been a great evening under a cloud as instead if having a nice relaxing start we had less than 45 mins to get ourselves organised for an event that one of the group had travelled from Australia to attend.
The hotel is a disgrace and the staff have no consideration for their guests as they really didn't seem to care thstbthey had completely ruined the start of the weekend of a lifetime for us . Take my advice and steer well clear of this place It is a shambles and run by people who have no thought for any one ir anything except money .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank jansfv
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I booked So Siena earlier in the year, for a 5 day business trip, and was horrified to read some of the recent reviews. In fact, I was trying to book somewhere else on the way up from Cornwall.

As it turned out, it was absolutely fine. I was welcomed at the desk and shown to the room - a Standard Studio. The room was clean. The bed had clean fresh sheets, pillows and duvet.

The kitchen had a 2 ring hob, plus a quality microwave, fridge, kettle and toaster. The cutlery and glasses were clean and there were utensils and a corkscrew. You aren't going to cook masterpieces with only 2 small frying pans, but it was more than adequate for heating ready meals and eating takeaways.

The shower and sink were fine and there was plenty of hot water. I think I had 4 clean towels. Someone came in each day to empty the bins, but no further cleaning.

The worst thing I could find were a few grubby marks on the carpet, but nothing more. It is on a busy road, so sleeping with the windows open was impossible for a country dweller like me.

Very convenient for Hammersmith tube - 5 mins level walk at the most. Loads of shops, pubs and food outlets within 10 mins walk.

I was very happy with the place and the price and would stay there again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were very worried having read others reviews on this hotel and really didn't know what to expect. So we were pleasantly surprised the location is 2mins from the tube station and easy to find. The deluxe one bedroom apartment we booked was well equipped lovely big sofa bed, comfy double and great pillows! The apartment was clean and quiet, yes it didn't look like the photos and the decor is a bit worn in places, but for what you pay it is as expected! I think the problem is it is not a 4star hotel so doesn't meet 4* expectations but it is convenient and perfectly adequate for a family visit to london.

Room Tip: 4008 was fine, not on street side and well equipped.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

avoid!!!!!no customer service,dirty cheap rooms that look nothing like photos and kept awake by people above till 3am then woken again at 7.30 avoid avoid avoid.it is very very very basic.furnished very cheaply really not worth 258 pounds for two nights

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank simon h
Reviewed March 3, 2013

we stayed 03/03/13 in standard one bedroom flat. I don't know where to start to be honest! I have a huge list of negative things about this place. the only good about So Sienna is location for us it was perfect with easy reach to M4 and is in walking distance to tube station. there is no "Private parking is opposite the property" as quoted in the advert. it is just general multistory carpark which shuts at 8 pm with no places reserved for so sienna, so it is very misleading when you are trying to book. As soon as we walked in we where hit by the smell of dump and drains in the lounge and in the bedroom (which by the way have en suit bathroom, but it wasn't functional as shower was full of tiles and cement and nobody ever mentioned anything about it before hand). Carpet throughout the flat and sofa were covered in stains. ceiling was covered in some dirty splash. our "Egyptian cotton" sheets were covered in holes and human hair! and didn't smell good.storage heaters were switched off and took a wile to warm the place up. all in all this place felt like need a good clean. i wouldn't recommend this flat to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family