“The worst Thai meal I've had (if you could call it Thai, which I don't really)”
Review of Baan Thai

Baan Thai
Ranked #17,221 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
London
Reviewed January 4, 2011

It was surprisingly busy (for a Sunday evening), and the atmosphere was quite warm and inviting. The waiters were reasonably friendly and appeared efficient.

But then the food arrived. It was horrible. What's usually good about Thai food is the freshness in taste and appearance. These dishes looked and tasted tired and uninspired. And it didn't taste at all authentic - not like any Thai meal I've had before. Using a fancy cutter on a carrot does not make a spicy dish of generic spicy slop into a Thai dish.

If the chef was actually Thai (which I suspect he might not be) he should be ashamed of himself.

While there was nothing actually wrong with the service, there was a noticeable lack of enthusiasm..

Neither was it cheap. Dreadful value. Drinks and food were overpriced. That's the biggest problem. I'm not saying the food was inedible. If I'd paid a third of the price, it wouldn't have tasted any better, but I wouldn't have felt so disappointed. I feel annoyed that I've wasted money there. I would never go there again, and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Visited January 2011
3 Thank Katreya_HelloLondon

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Tasty, fast and nice to...”
Reviewed June 4, 2008

Tasty, fast and nice to relax in. Good service too.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food, reasonably priced. Service was ok too.”
Reviewed May 3, 2008

Good food, reasonably priced. Service was ok too.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook