“excellent!!!”

Ranked #106 of 843 Specialty Lodging in London
Helston, United Kingdom
“excellent!!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I go to London 3 or 4 times a year and have stayed at different accomadation each time. When I turned up at Earls Court Studios i was greeted by Damir who was very friendly and helpfull. I stayed here for six nights and found it very clean and i felt very safe. Ideal location less than a minute from the tube station which gets you into the centre in less than ten minutes. The only negative i could find if you was a light sleeper was that it is quite close to a busy road so bring ear plugs, it never bothered me at all though. The next time i return to London i will certainly be staying here again as its excellent value for money. Thank you Damir

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank david s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Finnish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed here as a young single female and couldn't have been happier. Although the single room was pretty small, it was always clean and included a bar fridge, kettle, plates, utensils, etc. Great value for money and I always felt safe in the studios and the surrounding neighbourhood. The owner is very friendly and always offered to help me with my bags, as there is no lift here. It is only a 30 second walk to the back entrance of Earls Court tube station (or 3 minute walk to main entrance) which you can get to directly from Heathrow. The main road nearby will meet all your basic needs - theres a pharmacy, small supermarkets, restaurants, bars/pubs and fast food places. Because I Iiked it so much, I ended up coming back on 2 different occasions with friends, once in a double room and once in a triple room. Both the double and the triple were spacious and clean. Couldn't recommend this place enough, but if you are a light sleeper bring earplugs as it can be noisy at night from the main road.

Room Tip: If you are after a triple room the one in the basement was completely noise free!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kat s
kuala lumpur
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Found this gem of a place while searching for accommodation in London. Glad to have found it and the being equipped with kitchenette, it makes my stay worthwhile and convenient. I can prepare simple breakfast and other meals of my choice.
Location wise, it is excellent. 1 minute walk to Earls Court Station, hop on the Tube and 6 minutes later you are already at Harrods ( Knightsbridge Station). What more can you ask for. Piccadilly Line passes Earls Court station to Heathrow and St. Pancras for our excursion to Paris.
I will never stay anywhere else in London should I be there again. And Thank you to Mr Damir, the Manager for all your help and assistance during my stay there. It certainly made my stay a memorable one. Thank you again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We made a last minute booking at The Earl's Court Studios as we needed somewhere to stay in a hurry. on arrival we were very pleasantly surprised. The studio was very clean and provided towels and lovely fresh linen ,soap and shampoo. The room was an adequate size and had cooking facilities and basic crockery and cutlery should we have wished to use it.The shower room was spacious and clean.The studios are conveniently situated almost opposite the tube station. We had to ring a number to be let in but didn't wait long. we were allocated the room downstairs behind reception.When I looked out of the window the next morning the view was of the fire escape and the room opposite. This did not bother us as we were not staying longer but may not be acceptable for a longer stay. There were lots of restaurants and take away coffee shops nearby. I would recommend for a longer stay to take a supply of tea coffee and milk.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
auckland
Reviewed December 10, 2013

After we arrived a little early, we eventually managed to get the attention of one of the managers from the street. (It pays to have a phone up and running as we struggled to call someone to let us in!). We were given the top floor room which at the time we thought would be nice, which it was really as you could see out across the top of the buildings,but we didn't allow for the traffic sound rising straight up and bothering us all night. That's London for you I guess, but when the traffic only slows down for a couple of hours in the middle of the night, its a nuisance when you cant sleep properly. I would have opted to move to another room if there were any available.
The room was adequate for our needs. Not a very well equipped kitchen but we weren't entertaining. The managers were very helpful and whatever we asked for was provided quickly, extra toilet paper, towels, maps that sort of thing. We did struggle with the cases up and down all of those flights of stairs which would have been a problem for a slightly older couple (we are in our fifties).
Overall I thought the place was adequate. Its location has to be its best quality and that you are able to bring your takeaways home and blob out after walking around all day in London.
I would recommend anyone to buy an 'oyster card' online before you come to London. Its so easy to get the London underground straight to Earls court station from Heathrow airport. Put 20 pounds or more on it and then your not trying to figure out the money when your tired from a long flight. Come out of the underground at the Warwick road exit at the back of the station and turn to the left, the studios are just across the road at the first set of lights.
I would opt to stay somewhere a little more upmarket next time, but I would recommend this to my children coming to London as its better value.

Room Tip: Don't get the room at the top of the house if your not fit.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dcsimons2000
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Good place to stay for the short stay in London,quiet place ,good sleep,clean,kitchen accessories good connection to central London.Helpfull staff.Small rooms,but spotless.All over good place.Going to stay there again.

Room Tip: small suites with a perfect location ,close to the tube station
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chris1131
Mauzens-et-Miremont, France
Reviewed November 16, 2013

As a solo traveller in my 50's, i was looking for somewhere that i would feel safe to return to in the evening and Earls Court Studios absolutely fitted the bill. Only a 2 minute walk from the tube station but also a good choice of buses. There is a very good choice of shops and restaurants a 5 minute walk away and a large Tesco 8 minutes walk away. There really is a very good location and only a few stops away from the centre of London.

I stayed here for 10 days in the single room which has a single bed, table and chair, flat screen tv with a good selection of channels, a 2 ring hob, oven, microwave and a fridge with a small freezer compartment. I didnt eat here often but had everything i needed when i did either bring something in to cook or fancied a snack when i got back in the evening. The bedding was crisp and clean and i slept there better than i do at home!

Damir was so welcoming when i arrived and helped me carry my luggage in and was always around if anything was needed.

The area felt very safe even when i came home late at night after being to the theatre.
I thoroughly recommend this as a place to stay and hope it wont be too long before i return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo