“Pleasantly Surprised!”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Camden
Description: This unique and cutting edge optimum nutrition eatery is proud of its 100% gluten free menu made up of both raw and cooked vegan, gluten-free cuisine. Perched by the side of the scenic Regent's Canal right in the centre of buzzing Camden Town the venue is host to London't pioneering health food cafe which turns into a vibrant electronic music club on many nights of the week, featuring live acts and singer songwriters. With a broad selection of healthy treats, superfood smoothies, juices and one of London's only all organic bars there is lots to choose from. The award winning inSpiral Lounge is also the birthplace of their acclaimed Kale Chips and other super healthy snacks that have been all the rage.
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I'd read reviews of the inSpiral lounge before I decided to visit. I am on a mission this year to vary my eating habits and a vegan restaurant was at the top of my list. Whilst there were a few negative reviews about the staff, on the whole the food was praised and I bit the bullet and took a visit. a
Nestled right on the river, the inSpiral lounge fits in perfectly with the cool vibes of Camden. It’s a cosy environment where everyone is super friendly! I’ve never really tried vegan food, and I was nervous to ask questions in case they thought I didn’t belong! But the lady who was serving me was helpful and not at all judgemental.
It was a little busy when I arrived and the space is cramped, there’s no denying that. But I managed to find myself a seat with just enough elbow room to comfortably eat a meal. And even though I was sat beside a stranger, I didn’t feel like my personal space was being invaded. It’s also a very light space with lots of windows and a great view over the canal.
It’s difficult to decide whether inSpiral lounge is a café, a restaurant or a bar. I guess it depends what time of day you go there. For me (I was there at around midday), I’d say that it was a café that was trying really hard to be a restaurant and ALMOST succeeding! It’s canteen style system, where you queue for your food and take it to your table with you. But this fits in with the relaxed vibe – it’s not a “table service” kind of place.
As for the food itself, I have to say that I was suitably impressed. It was all delicious and very filling without being heavy. As I was walking in to the lounge, I passed a lady who was telling a member of staff that it was, “exactly what I needed”, and after eating, I had to agree with her. As I left, I felt healthy and full of energy, much more so than if I’d just grabbed a meal deal from Boots or sat down for a Panini in a coffee shop. I felt like I was ready to face the Camden crowds with my belly full of delicious, nutritious food. I chose to have a medium pick-and-mix plate, where you pay by the size of the plate which means generous portions! Since it was my first time trying the food, it also gave me the chance to try and little bit of everything. I went for the safe option of rice, some beautifully cooked potatoes and green salad (to which you can add a dressing if you like). I tried the Raw Blackout Tart which I’d heard wonderful things about and I wasn’t disappointed! It’s sweet whilst also having a tangy bitter kick, which makes it all the more special.
It was nice to see that they sell their products in the lounge too, which you can get discount on if you are a member.
I will be going back to inSpiral lounge 100%, and bringing some friends! I think that people could really benefit from the raw, organic food regardless of whether they are vegan or not. We could all be a little healthier! It was a great experience and the food was fantastic. I would recommend going there at non-peak times though!

• Visited January 2014

Brno
“Outstanding place and awesome food”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This place is just inspiral!! How do they cook such an awesome food?! And the location is just great :-)

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great selection of vegan treats!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a great little café a huge range of hot and cold foods suitable for vegans. They have a great selection of yummy desserts and fresh juices. You queue up to order and then take options to your seat. There were lots of choices of food but it took a while to decipher the menu combination options. It would be great if it could be made clearer.

I went on a Saturday evening and it was busy and quite noisy. Staff were taking out huge bins full of bottles which added to the noise.

Overall I would go back for a quick bite.

• Visited November 2013
“Good quality food”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My friend took me to this place for the first time. We went there on Sunday night when there was open mic. I ordered some cauliflower stuff and salads, for desserts we took a piece of chocolate cake. I love the food as I could feel it's made by using good ingredients and you don't feel "heavy" after that.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“I can't stop showing it off to all my friends!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My mum took me here a few years ago and I have never forgotten how amazing it was! So ever since I've been visiting whenever I'm in London :) I took my recently converted vegan boyfriend here a few weeks ago and he loved it! Being a food enthusiast and budding chef he can't wait to go back and with our move to London on the close horizon I'm sure it won't be long until we are basically living there!

• Visited December 2013