“It's improved since my last review”
Review of Inspiral Lounge - CLOSED

Inspiral Lounge
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Camden
Description: This unique and cutting edge optimum nutrition eatery is proud of its 100% gluten free menu made up of both raw and cooked vegan, gluten-free cuisine. Perched by the side of the scenic Regent's Canal right in the centre of buzzing Camden Town the venue is host to London't pioneering health food cafe which turns into a vibrant electronic music club on many nights of the week, featuring live acts and singer songwriters. With a broad selection of healthy treats, superfood smoothies, juices and one of London's only all organic bars there is lots to choose from. The award winning inSpiral Lounge is also the birthplace of their acclaimed Kale Chips and other super healthy snacks that have been all the rage.
London
“It's improved since my last review”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

After having a previously awful experience, I was contacted by the manager who was very good at dealing with my complaint. He explained there had been many changes, staff education being one. On our return to Inspiral my boyfriend and I found it a much more pleasant experience, with more staff of whom were also very friendly, and willing to help. Henry, Sophie, Jaffa, and Gigio among the many who all seemed very upbeat and friendly as a team. It was much quicker to get served than any if my previous visits. The food was good, with various festive new additions to the menu. This can make decisions difficult, and add to the delay in getting served etc but that's to be expected. Good vegan choices especially in London when there are so few, but you will have to pay for it, don't expect cafe prices and you won't be disappointed. Also get there early, before you're hungry as finding a seat at certain times can be difficult as it's always busy (and why I rated a 3 for atmosphere).

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Really helpful staff, delicious food”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went to Inspiral Lounge on 19/11/2012 for a brunch. The staff was very helpful as soon as we walked in, taking time to explain everything to us. When I asked about nut content (nut allergy), a member of staff went to ask the kitchen and spend a long time explaining it all to me.

The food was delicious. I tried rice milk in my latte for the first time after being encouraged by the staff, it was so creamy and yummy. The raw pizza I had was basically a salad, but the baked polenta with sauted mushrooms that my boyfriend has was gorgeous and every item in their 'pick and mix' bar was tasty and very interesting. I will definately come here again when I am in London.

2 Thank MariaArty
South East London
“Really good!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Have been here several times with my daughter and it is a great place for lunch. The food is really different and interesting with lots of varying vegetable combinations and the staff are really friendly and welcoming. They explain about the food and suggest suitable combinations which is helpful because there is a lot to choose from.
The atmosphere is buzzing and it overlooks the Regents canal and the lively Camden markets.

1 Thank Stephanie058
Belfast, United Kingdom
“My not-so-secret favourite coffee hideaway”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I visited this coffee shop originally before I moved to London and I'm pretty sure the friendliness of the staff was one of the reasons London seemed like a good place to move to. In crazy Camden Inspiral is a brilliant place for some calm and good coffee/tea and fabulous vegan cakes. I'm not vegan, not even vegetarian - neither are the friends that i bring here, but everyone loves it. The seating is limited, so I wouldn't recommend going at peak meal times, particularly as this is a place to come and stay a while.
Their savoury food is delicious, their raw truffles are addictive and the cakes are heavy, moist delicious lovely things. I love that they have so many options for coffee, and having 5 different types of milk is pretty indulgent! However what brings me back is the vegan icecream - I cant eat dairy and I miss gelato a lot, no other alternative is half as yummy as what inspiral offer. Its available all year round, although the flavours are limited in winter. The flavours are not just vanilla, strawberry, chocolate - they are innovative which means I can never have just one scoop!
I love this place, certainly beats any of the coffee chain places hands down.

2 Thank Katiecom
limassol
“returning customer”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just adore their food, it makes my vegetarian heart smile, I love the casual atmosphere, the location, their food is amazing, the ice creams to die for, the staff very nice, I wish I could go there more often, there should be more places like this, well done !!!

• Visited October 2012