Tripadvisor
London

“Nice steak - Disgraceful service ”

Flat Iron Curtain Road
Ranked #230 of 27,494 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Description: 9:00am - Noon Coffee, tea and fresh orange juice. Perfect for business meetings. Noon - 11:00pm Restaurant trading hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had dinner in this iconic places - very nice from the inside and well arranged. Had to wait 40 minutes for a table.
Steaks: very good. Although mine arrived quite cold and not enough salt on it. But that’s adjustable.
Sauces are great and sides too.
Staff: certain people are fine, some other to avoid!
I had told my waitress (brunette lady) my steak was cold and she could not care less.
She was extremely inappropriate during the service since the moment we sit and made me feel embarrassed towards the rest of the table with her silly comments and attitude. Outrageous after that waiting time! Minimum she could do is to be polite and gentle!
To cut it off, I was quite surprise she could face customer so casually and rudely. I mean, how dare you?!? The worst service ever! Table next to us felt the same too.
I will definitely not be coming back!

Date of visit: January 2020
paolan504, General Manager at Flat Iron Curtain Road, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Andrejk,
Very sorry to hear about your experience! We always do our utmost to ensure the best service and treat every customer like an old friend.
We obviously didn't hit the mark when you came in and I'm hoping that you can get in touch with us directly at tad@flatironsteak.co.uk to investigate further and ensure that this won't happen again.
Sincerely

Write a reviewReviews (587)

Reviewed January 8, 2020

good food, good staff! what more can you ask for? only thing is my table was a little dirty when we arrived but it looked busy so dont blame them really

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

Amazing food, would definitely come again with friends x
The steak was so good! To die for. Thank you so much for the experience.

Reviewed December 26, 2019 via mobile

Yum!! The food was excellent. We had Cornish bavette (special) with chips, spinach and aubergine. It was all very tasty. The local craft IPA we had with our food was great as well. Lovely atmosphere! Would definitely recommend :-)

Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

Always delicious, always lovely service. Flat Iron never disappoints you. And the service and people always lovely with a big smile.