“Far from the madding crowds...”
Review of The Ring

The Ring
Ranked #1,380 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: Famously situated opposite the site of the historic home of British boxing and sharing its name, this compact pub certainly punches above its weight. Pictures of the men who boxed at The Ring and went on to become World, European and British Champions adorn the walls. There's plenty of seating outside the pub, which is directly opposite Southwark tube station and acts as a great focal point, landmark and meeting place right on the corner of Blackfriars Road and The Cut. The Ring boasts a great selection of Lagers, Real ales and Craft beers as well as a delectable food menu including BIG APPLE HOTDOGS which are hand-made in London using only natural casings and quality ingredients, using free range pork and prime beef! Award winning Home made Burgers, Scotch Eggs, Nachos and Fish and Chips. We look forward to seeing you at The Ring.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

On our way to a footy match via Waterloo, it's best to avoid the pubs closest to the station if you want a bite to eat - I've found the quality somewhat lacking, & they're very much dependent on taking advantage of the fact that they are within close proximity.

However, if you are willing to take a 5-10 minute stroll from Waterloo, you'll find this gem.

A friendly, welcoming atmosphere with great food, speedily prepared. And with a bit of a twist with all the pics of boxing greats on the walls...I'm not a huge fan of boxing, but I found myself trying to guess the names! Perhaps the pub should place name tags next to the photos?!

The hot dogs are probably some of the best I've had - well worth a visit!

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Found this place on trip advisor went along to see if it was good as the reviews and its better!
Great hot dogs, great chip and great onion rings.
Very resonably priced and a nice atmosphere, we will defiantly be going again!!
Worth a visit!!!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Popped into The Ring with my girlfriend on the way to The Tate Modern. Its right across the road from Southwark tube. It became the main event of the day haha. Such a friendly atmosphere in this cool popular bar; we loved all the London history on the walls. I had an amazing burger but my girlfriend had what may have been the best hotdog I ever tasted. Will def be going back soon...

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was in town on business from Texas and discovered The Ring on my way to The Tate Modern. Conveniently, it's right across from the tube.
I travel a lot and had one of the best hot dogs I can remember combined with a nice pint of ale. This pub is very popular, and for good reason. The atmosphere was very pleasant as were the staff.
I'm also a sports fanatic, so that aspect was cool. They took some time designing the interior details. Everything I look for in a pub. I'll be back!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Loved the handmade sausage in the delicious hot dogs! Other meals fine and service good though could have been quicker. Outside seating and benches inside. Pub style with plenty if beer on tap.