“Delicious Baklawa”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Maroush

Maroush
Reserve with OpenTable
Maroush is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,146 of 22,374 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The original Maroush restaurant, opened by Marouf Abouzaki more than 30 years ago, this Edgware Road staple is even more popular today than it was back then.A lively, two-floor restaurant capable of seating more than 150 guests at a time, Maroush Edgware Road features a casual sit-down area on the main floor, and a larger dining room in the basement. Popular with families earlier in the evening, the crowd changes over to a younger set as the night wears on.One of the two Maroush outlets featuring live Lebanese music and belly dancing in the evenings, the atmosphere at Maroush Edgware Road is upbeat and energetic through to closing time at 2am.Open noon to 2am, 7 days a week.Live music & belly dancing every night from 9:30pm to closing.
Istanbul, Turkey
“Delicious Baklawa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We went to this shop for buying baklawa which we heard they are importing from Lebanon. We were quite happy with the results. They are absolutely delicious.

1 Thank Travellers-Oracle

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
“Nice evening experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I dined here with friend. The menu was interesting, everything we had was very nice and the presentation was excellent. There was a belly dancing act that started towards the end of our meal so I recommend timing your visit to make the most of this as it was a quality act. I think the start time was 2100 or thereabouts. We sat in the downstairs bit which sees much nicer than the upstairs bit. I'm quite a fussy eater but will definitely go back. Recommended for couples or small groups of friends.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank ElCalvados
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre food, ludicrously bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just ate here last night, in the basement "club".

I had to write this because the service was the most shambolic I have encountered in recent memory.

- The waitress who greeted us threw a strop when we decided to switch tables to move away from the "musical entertainment'. This later proved to be a good move as the music was incredibly loud even once we had moved.
- We had to ask for water four times, and bread three times, before they arrived.
- The waitress did not recognise the wine type "Malbec" despite it being only one of a handful of wines that they offered on the menu. I had to get her to bring the menu back so that I could physically point at the wine I wanted.
- The mezze arrived supplemented by two dishes we had not ordered (and we waited for the aforementioned bread for a good 10 minutes after they arrived - you tell me how we're meant to eat hummous and baba ghanoush without bread?)
- When the mains arrived, the (different) waiter just started setting the dishes down at random in front of people. When asked which dish was which, the guy replied "I have no idea, it's my first day." INEXCUSABLE, even on your first day, to not know which dishes you are carrying to a table.

This place is an omnishambles.

The food, overpriced but OK. Not amazing. £162 for four people with two bottles of wine.

Won't be returning.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank London_LukeR
London, United Kingdom
“Great Mezze, great service and great fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Unlike my other reviews this is going to be short and sweet. Great mezze, friendly staff, and belly dancing. Do I need to say anything else? I don’t think so.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Butcher89
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great food. Friendly service and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Went here with the family early Saturday evening. The staff were very friendly- welcoming the children and makings all feel at home

The food is excellent. We had a wide range of starters and mains and all of them were fantastic. It's also nice to see a restaurent recommend a good wine (and a Lebanese one at that) that is not too expensive and that tates very good.

A family of four - with a bottle of wine and drinks for the kids, started and mains cost £100 (including tip).

Well worth a visit if you're in the area..

• Visited October 2012