“Multicultural excellence”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Maroush

Maroush
Reserve with OpenTable
Maroush is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,154 of 22,375 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The original Maroush restaurant, opened by Marouf Abouzaki more than 30 years ago, this Edgware Road staple is even more popular today than it was back then.A lively, two-floor restaurant capable of seating more than 150 guests at a time, Maroush Edgware Road features a casual sit-down area on the main floor, and a larger dining room in the basement. Popular with families earlier in the evening, the crowd changes over to a younger set as the night wears on.One of the two Maroush outlets featuring live Lebanese music and belly dancing in the evenings, the atmosphere at Maroush Edgware Road is upbeat and energetic through to closing time at 2am.Open noon to 2am, 7 days a week.Live music & belly dancing every night from 9:30pm to closing.
Heidelberg, Germany
“Multicultural excellence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful, fresh and delightful food in a buzzing and intense setting. Chicken wings to die for, a mixed grill, tabouleh and sides to compliment the meal - and you are in Libanese heaven.

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
“Best Lebanese ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was working near by and eat there almost every week. All Maroush restaurant have the same standards and food is excellent.

You may just pick and choose only starters and you will be already 100% satisfied. Moutabal, Tabule, Humus, etc amazing... If I can deliver it in Italy I will order them!

If you go there for a quick lunch for only 3-5 pounds you can get shish taouk: roll with garlic sause and grilled chicked which is fantatsic, and if you love lamb, roll will lamb, excellent too.

Go there and enjoy trylly lebanese in London!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Francesca A
Bourne End, United Kingdom
“Great Lebanese Food in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Took my family and distant cousins from Australia. One ran a restaurant and my daughter is studying to be a chef. Everyone was in agreement that the food was fantastic. Very traditional. The service was efficient and quick. There are about 7 different Marouch restaurants in Edgware road this is the first one as you come up from Marble Arch.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank alan r
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have visited this restaurant as I was meeting friends in London. I was happy with the service and food. I might return when I will go to London again.

• Visited August 2012
UK
“Not good enough”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I love Lebanese food, was very hungry after visiting the olympics and it just started to pour with rain. Sadly disappointed.

By the door, were two grumpy/heavy-looking men which my husband said to ignore as he didn't want to stay in the rain. We were led to the basement and offered a table. A blonde waitress took our order without a smile and hardly made eye contact.

Initially, the lights were very bright and with no background music the place seemed intimidating. We had to wave our arms about and shout over to the waiting staff to order additional drinks, which was bad considering there were only 3 or 4 couples in the whole place.

The food was great, but a different dark-haired waitress served us and was positively grumpy. At one point she walked over and took our bread basket when there was still bread in it -- without even making eye contact. When I called out with an embarressed "oh, excuse me", she simply said "you want more bread?". I replied no, just that I intended to finish the bread with our houmous. She put it down and walked off. No apology, no suggestion that bread might be complimentary. Just slumped off.

Then a young-ish 30-something man in a suit came down with one of the doormen heavies and stood opposite our table by the door and appeared to be staring at me blankly. I assumed he was day-dreaming but after a few glances back up began to think he was trying to stare-me-out!

Conclusion.
Food: good. Nothing special, but good Middle Eastern fare. No quality issues.
Not cheap at £56 for 2 adults, no starter, 5-6 dishes (2 dips, haloumi, salad, youghurt dish), no pudding but given free backlava (yummy), 2 standard half pint lagers and one fruit juice.
Service and atmosphere: bad. To top it all, we were charged a £6 'cover charge' without warning even though we came and left within an hour and 2-hours before the entertainment was billed to start.

I should have complained but I just wanted to get out of there. There are better middle eastern options in the area. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Sorry, Maroush, I wish it had been better as I love the type of food you sell, and would have liked to see the Belly-dancing one day, but I don't think I'll return.

• Visited August 2012