“I absolutely love this resturant and have been many times”
Review of Maharani - CLOSED

Maharani
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Maharani serve a variety of Indian dishes to eat in or take away at their restaurant. They also serve a selection of beers, wines and spirits for you to enjoy either with your meal. Catering for private parties of up to 40 guests is available upon request.
London, UK
“I absolutely love this resturant and have been many times”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I love this restaurant. I have bene bringing clients here for lunch and dinner since it was done up in 2007 or 8. The staff are friendly and helpful, often willing to go out of their way to help. the flavours of the food are intense and wonderful and they do a brilliant cheap lunch menu.

I went there again last week and I am absolutely certain I will go again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Scribbit_Finhangle

• Greek first
West Sussex
“Very tasty Indian meal with a few twists”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We saw this rated well on Tripadvisor whilst trying to find a place for dinner in Soho - whilst looking at the menu in the window a waiter came out and explained how their special menu worked with selecting curry, side etc. We decided to give it a go and didn't regret it! The mix and match menu you select from has four curries ranging from korma to I think maybe madras. Its a nice idea to choose a curry, rice and side to mix and match at a set price. The rest of the menu had some nice sounding dishes - two of our party of three went with the set menu and I went with a dish off the normal menu. Whilst waiting for our order we had poppadums and some really delicious chutneys - not the usual - one was beetroot, another pumpkin and the last coriander and mint - really lovely!
Our curries came really nicely presented and plentiful! We all struggled to finish and we are generally good eaters! We were certainly glad we didn't order starters! The curries were really tasty - quite spicy - even the "mild" ones - my niece struggled with hers slightly even though it was billed as "mild". The bread was lovely and light and the rice nice and fluffy - sides were tasty too and all the dishes tasted different - not like some curry houses where they all taste the same!!
The waiter appeared to speak to everyone who looked at the menu to explain the mix and match and it worked well - most came in!!
The service was good - attentive but not intrusive and the place was very clean. Cost wise - standard London prices as far as we could tell. Would return again and can recommend a visit.

Dallas, Texas
“Treat in Soho”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Just a few minutes walk from Picadilly and the theater district sits a little gem with welcoming service and prepared from scratch food. Crisp white linens, fresh flowers and a small but interesting beverage menu accompany good to very good Indian dishes - for novice and more experienced diners alike. Four of us all ordered something different and, while the more standard fare table seated after us was served first, our beautifully presented and perfectly spices plates arrived shortly thereafter. A delight to have a kitchen that cares about flavors as well as presentation. Definite keeper.

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is good, service is not”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Let me start out by saying the food was great - not the best Indian I've ever had but the flavors were all there and if I was to judge solely on the quality of the food I would not hesitate to return if given the chance.

Unfortunately the service could have been much improved, and because of our negative experience with the waiter, I would not recommend this restaurant to my friends. Our main complaint is that not only was our service exceptionally slow, but at the end of the meal the waiter opened and handed each of us a wet napkin to wipe our hands for which we were charged (2.5 pounds for each) without asking us first if we wanted to use them. I'm sure he could tell we were not locals, but this was the kind of treatment I would expect from a shady restaurant in China, not a relatively expensive Indian restaurant in London. At least in China they let you decide whether or not you want to use the napkin. After spending over 250 pounds on our meal between the four of us, did they really need to squeeze 10 pounds more for wet napkins?

This would have marginally been acceptable too if they had offered the other tables wet napkins too - but at least from what I saw the table next to us did not receive the same treatment. In sum, the food was great, but we were turned off by their less-than-honest business practices and the slow service. I'm sure there are other Indian restaurants in London that serve great food too, and operate more honestly.

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian in London”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

this place is round the corner from the office and I have eaten there on numerous occasions and it has never been less than excellent. The staff are lovely and they have Tikka Gold and Mongoose beer which is worth asking for if you go there. The home made popadoms and dips are a nice touch and the chef is a major talent.

Whether you are stopping in for a budget meal or a full blowout you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank sheddweller_bod