“Good Indian Restaurant!”
Review of Maharani - CLOSED

Maharani
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Maharani serve a variety of Indian dishes to eat in or take away at their restaurant. They also serve a selection of beers, wines and spirits for you to enjoy either with your meal. Catering for private parties of up to 40 guests is available upon request.
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Good Indian Restaurant in the heart of London in Soho! The lunch offer worth the money you spend, just 8 pounds for a main dish that is tasty and quite rich. I saw the menù and the other dishes are quite cheap too!
Just one thing wrong: the coffee was really really bad, but of course I didn't go in a Indian Restaurant thinking to have a good coffee!

1  Thank chingone

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were out and about shopping on Oxford street and my daughter said she wanted Indian food. I hopped on the TripAdvisor mobile app, searched for restaurants around us, used the filter for Indian food and it came up with a bunch of options. After taking 5 minutes to read the reviews, this one came up as the top! And it did not disappoint! Quick, friendly service & delicious food in a non-hurried atmosphere. Fit the bill and the bill was not all that expensive! Oh, and we found out what happened to that birthday cake mentioned in that 1/26/13 review... But what goes on in London, stays in London! ;-)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Toady was my first time at this Soho haunt. Despite an early start we couldn't get into Bodean's steak eatery and so went in search of an alternative and found this gem. Friendly service though a tad too aloof at times. But it doesn't matter because the meal, nicely presented, comes on huge square plate with selection of dishes... plentiful. Ample portions. Super tasty. The environment is warm (warm lighting) comfy chairs (hence why we probably felt at ease enjoying conversation and uprooting around 4pm - long time since I had a long lunch). Crisp white table clothes and Buddha Bar music playing to keep the modern twist alive. I'd go back without hesitation. We didn't have wine or beer given work but it reasonably priced at £46 for two with more food than we could really eat.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We visited this restaurant as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations. My family and I enjoyed this restaurant so much that although we don't live locally we are going to book in to a hotel and visit for a second time. We eat in Indian restaurants on a weekly basis and this has been one of our best. The service, food and value for money are ALL EXCELLENT. Thank you to all the staff.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great Indian in the heart of SoHo. Ambiance and service are above par for a very touristy part of London. My bf and I order a lot of Indian in SF and both agreed this was some of the best Indian wed had in a long time. The monkfish was the highlight for me and spicy lamb biryani was the other highlight.

Would absolutely recommend if you're looking for great portions, well cooked authentic Indian.