“great food”
Review of Karavas

Karavas
Reserve with OpenTable
Karavas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #537 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camden
Description: Home of authentic Greek & Mediterranean food. Est 1978 - Camden
Reviewed October 14, 2013

authentic greek food, the food was really tasty,well presented, the portions were good great value for money, the atmosphere was warm and friendly, the service was fast efficient and friendly, the wine list was extensive and the wine prices very reasonable
this is the place to go for great greek food while your in camden
we will go back here

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I traveled all the way from Washington, DC to eat at Karavas. My son, who lives about a mile from the restaurant, had ordered out from the restaurant, and I had remembered it for days. I found myself dreaming of the taramosalata. So, I came to London with the specific intent of getting to Karavas.
All of the mezze dishes and the pita are excellent and the chicken is perfectly spiced.
Very attentive and prompt service.
It is worth the trip.

1  Thank dgrizz
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Not only wonderful authentic food with extremely generous portions but fantastic extras to sample and to tantalise your taste buds!!!! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have been here a couple of times and just love it. OK it's not the smartest restaurant and the location's not the best but we get a warm welcome and good food (and plenty of it) at a reasonable price. We paid £50 for two including starters, mains and a bottle of wine.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My mother and I ate here on a Saturday night when London was heaving and Capden Town in particular was packed, but just off a little side street we found this lovely Greek place, Karavas (http://www.karavasrestaurant.com/) with tables open to the elements which was perfect on a warm evening such as we had. The owner was very welcoming but not overly so - we were allowed to eat and talk in relative privacy which was perfect. The food was fresh and very tasty and there was lots of it, plus a lovely complementary appetizer of warm pitta bread and a trio of sides to put on the pitta. Yummy. I got the vegetarian stuffed peppers which were delicious and my mother had the spit roasted chicken souvla, again delicious. Not expensive (with juice and no dessert it came to £30 for the two of us).