“One of the best Chinese restaurant in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maxim

Maxim
Reserve with OpenTable
Maxim is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11,147 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Maxim is a family run restaurant, since 1974. In Ealing it is known affectionately by its customers as "Mrs Chow's", the lady in charge of the cooking, who believes in using fresh and natural ingredients. We serve authentic Peking Chinese cuisine with traditional starters from satay chicken to sweet-and-sour won ton to our, 'Signature: Spare Ribs'. Followed with our, 'Speciality: Aromatic Duck, a classic of its kind with crisp golden skin and tender meat. Or push the boat out with a whole lobster, halved and served with ginger and spring onion sauce. Side dishes like glossy, crispy green beans are equally good. Finish with deep-fried banana and apple, the crunchy coating giving way to soft, fluffy fruit.
London
“One of the best Chinese restaurant in London”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Friend of Mine took me to Maxim Peking Cuisine. I wasn't really keen about Chinese restaurant, as I live in hart of London and Chinese in Centre London are not good at all (and NOT CLEAN!!)
As soon as I walked in to Maxim, I said to my self: At least it seems to be clean!. Proper table clothes, and proper lining napkins!.
Food: All was so fresh, vegetables particularly , and everything we had was BEAUTIFUL. Frogs legs (had them in Paris a few months ago, and they were tasteless ) were absolutely fantastic, deep fry prawns were really nice. Tofu was so good, I could easily have them as main course. We had so much stuff, and I became so Greedy I ate almost every plate empty.
If you looking for the proper, a good Chinese restaurant , You need to experience this place. I am sure they are fully booked over the week-ends, so better to go there mid week. or just book in advance!If I ever need to recommend Chinese, this is place where I would ask people to visit!

Service was very friendly and prompt.. I am really fussy about food (too many bad experiences), but I would really give 10 out of ten to this place!

It is worth to travel to this place and Northfield Tube station (Piccadilly line) was really near by! Prices were reasonable, well even cheaper what you would pay in Soho, but food was 100% better than in any Chinese restaurants in Soho!!!!!

Maxim Peking Cuisine
153-155 Northfield Ave
West Ealing
W13 9QT
Tel 020 8567 1719 / 020 8840 1086

• Visited October 2012

“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We have going to Maxim's for over 30 years and apart from 1 or 2 misses it has been a hit every time. It started off as a small 1 room restaurant but has now grown in size and popularity. The food is consistently good and the service is swift and efficient. A word of warning don't tell them it's your birthday unless you like lots of attention!

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Simply delicious. Great service, lovely atmosphere and surroundings and just scummy food. Best Chinese I have ever found, the chilli beef is highly recommended!

• Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“My favourite chinese restaurant”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We have been regulars of this Chinese for nearly 5 years. The food is very tasty and the service always attentive. Lucky to have Maxim so close home!!

• Visited May 2012
London
“cantonese quality with consistency at its heart”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I first dined at Maxim in the 1980's and this probably contributed to quite a few overdraft limits being broken-not that it was or is an overtly expensive restaurant-it was just too good at serving delicious cantonese food that I could not stay away. After spending the next 2 decades away from the UK -including a 3 year stint in Shanghai, I made a nervous booking in 2008; would it still be producing high quality, value for money and mouth wateringly good chinese food? Well, I havent returned to the 'good old days' of living on an overdraft yet but Maxim has not lost any of its high quality food or atmosphere.In fact, the same manager and a one wonderfully excentric waiter remain amonst others. Go with at least one other -preferably a small party and order the braised pork ribs, grilled dumplings, shredded chilli beef, smoky aubergine-in fact order anything on the menu-it is all beautifully cooked and at a price hard to beat for its quality.

• Visited March 2012