“Tasty food in nice restaurant”
Review of L'Autre Pied

L'Autre Pied
Ranked #453 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: Conveniently set in the heart of London's fashionable Marylebone village, L'Autre Pied is the sister restaurant of the well-known Pied a Terre. Here, you will experience fine dining with a pleasantly affordable price tag in a relaxing atmosphere. The decor is an eclectic mix of warm woods and modern finishes which create a chic environment that is befitting of the accomplished cooking on offer. The food features imaginative and interesting contrasts that are well-conceived and carefully prepared. For the summer months, there is also the added advantage of eating outdoors whilst watching the world go by and for an extra special experience, enjoy private dining for up to 16 guests.
Suffolk, UK
“Tasty food in nice restaurant”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I came here as part of my partner's birthday celebrations as we have not eaten here before and wanted to try this place out before we made a decision about visiting Pied-a-terre at a later date. We booked a table early in the evening so that we would have the choice of the pre-theatre menu which sounded delicious, I could have eaten any of the choices offered. However, we were persuaded by the tempting menu to take the tasting menu with matching wines instead. The restaurant was quiet in the early evening but it is laid out well so you don't feel like you can't talk comfortably. By the time we left it was much busier. The restaurant does go for quite an informal style - there are no tablecloths and no strict dress code. The service was as good as to be expected from a place like this, the waitress who brought the butter over was particularly cheerful and friendly. The food was as nice as it sounded from reading the menu and the wines (and Sake in one case) beautifully complimented the dishes. The stand-outs for us were the Poached Cod with Ras el Hanout, Butternut Squash, Celeriac and Soybean and the Berkshire Lamb with Red Pepper Ketchup, Roscoff Onion, Aubergine and Spinach. We also opted for the cheese course and the selection was decent. Overall, I was impressed and it definitely deserves its Michelin Star when you compare it to other restaurants with a star.

• Visited January 2014
Pied R, Owner at L'Autre Pied, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi tommo2k, thank you for your detailed review, it’s great to hear you enjoyed the meal. I hope to welcome you back soon, possibly at Pied à Terre next time. David Moore.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Columbia, Maryland
“A real treat!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our first Michelin starred restaurant and we came away very happy. Great service without being too snobby and every dish we had was delicious.

• Visited July 2013
Pied R, Owner at L'Autre Pied, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi Sujata410, thank you for your review and I’m pleased to hear we were your first Michelin experience! I hope to see you again soon, David Moore.
London, United Kingdom
“Great food as ever”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Been to L'autre Pied a few times and whilst not quite up there with its sister restaurant Pied a Terre is still very solid with excellent service and a great menu. We went a la Carte and the courses were delicious and well sized. Will be a repeat guest.

Visited December 2013
Pied R, Owner at L'Autre Pied, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi Dando_London, thank you for reviewing L’Autre Pied and I look forward to seeing you soon. David Moore.
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Good restaurant”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We took my husband's mum here for her birthday for a bit of a treat. We all had the taster menu which was good, with some excellent dishes and some not so successful. The service was good but the waiter favoured one of our party who is a bit of a wine buff and seemed to top him up but not others which was a little annoying! The toilets were not what I would expect of a restaurant of this standard and should be improved in my view. I did feel that the value for money here was quite poor, the quality of the food and the setting doesn't justify the prices in my view in comparison with other fine dining options in London.

• Visited November 2013
Pied R, Owner at L'Autre Pied, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hi LittleEater01, I was disappointed to read your comments overall, although I’m pleased the service was good and that we could offer some excellent dishes. David Moore.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful taster menu experience”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had been given a Michelin starred experience via buy-a-gift, and this was the restaurant we selected to enjoy the experience in. Used it over my birthday as an extra treat

I have enjoyed several taster menus at a variety of locations including various Gordon Ramsey etc and this experience was up there with the best of them. The atmosphere was slightly more relaxed than at some Michelin starred establishments - we didn't have to dress up but chose to anyway to make it more of an occasion. We were not out of place having done so.

The food was truly wonderful - in both taste and presentation - though I cannot remember the exact dishes now its a few months on!! Each course was explained to us by the waitress in some detail. I absolutely loved each and every course and would definitely return to this restaurant again. We had been one of the later sittings, and were able to enjoy our meal with relative privacy as the tables around us emptied. A great evening.

Do go - you will not regret it!

• Visited May 2013
Pied R, Owner at L'Autre Pied, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hi 1Jaz, thank you for taking the time to review L’Autre Pied – especially so long after you visited! I’m so pleased you enjoyed dining with us and enjoyed the more relaxed atmosphere. I hope to welcome you back in the near future and also if you aren’t aware, we also have a new pop-up restaurant Pieds Nus, open until April just down the road from L’Autre which I think you’d really enjoy. Thanks, David Moore.