$224
$261
Kensington Hotel
$173
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$106
Hotels.com
Hotel 41(London)
$677
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe main housetheir beautiful homedelightful hostsmain bedroomshort walk to the tubegreat place to staycottagefulhamfurnishings
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Though new to the Bed & Breakfast scene I am not new to travel and hotel stays. The Coach House was not only everything I had hoped for it was also excellent value for what my wife and I had planned to do.
We spent our 30th anniversary in London. After much research on hotels and vacation rental flats we chose the Coach House. The Bed & Breakfast is only part of what Coach House Rentals has to offer. The also have an array of vacation rental flats but the Bed &Breakfast experience was what my wife and I wanted.
The owners, Harley and Meena, made us feel very welcome from the start. They made the arrangements for us to be picked up at Heathrow and additionally were kind enough to make the reservations at a nearby restaurant for our anniversary dinner.
The location in the Wandsworth area is convenient to the Northern Line and rail service at Balham. There is shopping close by and an array of restaurants and cafes to choose from. Recommended are Chez Bruce and Gurkhas. In nearby Tooting Bec there are more restaurants to choose from. We had our anniversary dinner at Chez Bruces. As it turns out, it is one of the places our hosts recommend. For our last night in London we chose dinner at Gurkhas which was just a few minutes stroll from the Coach House.
I am not known for being a breakfast eater but all it took was one of Meenas full English breakfasts with porridge to convince me otherwise. It did bring back memories of part of my childhood spent living in London.
Over breakfast both Harley and Meena offered tips on places to go, directions when needed and entertaining conversation. Both of them made us feel welcome and provided a personal touch that hotels just can not compete with.
The Coach House offers privacy as it is behind the main house and has a private entrance.
The only drawback to our stay was the time of year but, as our anniversary is in February there isn't anything to be done about that. Spring and summer will bring out the beauty in the garden courtyard at the Coach House and my wife and I plan to return during one of those seasons. Where to stay? For us it's a "no brainer". Obviously it will be at the Coach House.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Excellent communication before leaving. Organised airport pickup. Friendly and welcoming. wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Our hosts were wonderfully friendly and prepared an amazing breakfast each morning. Everything one needs is in the coach house, in a wonderful setting. The coach house is cozy while roomy, set in a lovely garden, and it is as nice as you would hope given the lovely photos. About 3 blocks from Balham tube and train stop. Inexpensive and friendly restaurants close by. Easy access into downtown London on the tube. This is one of the best bed/breakfast arrangements we have stayed in, period.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2009

This was a great find. The Coach House is a self contained two bedroom cottage set in a garden location in suburban Balham. The rooms are light and airy and have a country cottage feel. There is a small kitchen for preparing snacks, bt you are unlikely to need this given the excellent cooked breakfast, with the porridge particularly highly recommended. The property is a few minutes' walk from Balham tube station and a range of 'essential' shops are minutes away. Central London about 20 minutes by tube.

Harley and Meena are delightful hosts. All in all a charming and different way to stay in London.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Myself and a group of friends were looking for a place to stay in London with at least 2 bedrooms. I started looking at apartments when I came across The Coach House. I'm so glad we made this choice. The Coach House feelt so homey..hidden behind a secret-garden like gate (complete with a secret-garden like key)..following the path past the main house through a beautiful garden to a quaint house that you can call your own for a few days. Harley and Meena took care of us very well, with a lovely breakfast and tips for the day as well as stocking our kitchen with breakfast goods on days we could not join them for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends