“NO MUCH OF A MENU”
Review of The Hoxton Grill

The Hoxton Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hoxton Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,355 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Cross street: Old Street
Transit: Underground: Old Street
Description: In a charming Hoxton setting, Hoxton Grill presents an array of sumptuous American diner classics in sophisticated grill restaurant surroundings. Drawing in a fashionable crowd, the trendy American diner-style cuisine at Hoxton Grill has a contemporary edge. Hoxton Grill London has an elegant lounge and an al fresco dining area.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

OK food quality -it is not fast and not that great, we had frys we couldn't eat - service was slow and not very personable

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The first thing that hit me about this restaurant was its size and the feeling of space, which makes a change from the usual squashed up tables. A good menu with a range of grill choices. We had rib-eye steak and the pork ribs. Both were gorgeous and perfectly cooked. Drinks service was a little slow and, considering the size of the bar, we were disappointed with the lack of beverage choice. Food service much better and I didn't mind paying the service charge for this. Prices average for this area.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The service was very good and there was something on the menu to suit everyone. Much better than the usual hotel fare and it clearly attracts people from far and wide as it is a popular bar and Sunday hang out. Good live music too.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I booked The Hoxton Grill for a friend's birthday lunch, midweek, and booked online, saying that I would be celebrating my friend's birthday and it would just be the two of us - it was my friend's choice... the restaurant is part of the Hoxton Hotel, on the ground floor very near the entrance - the lighting is good by the way, not too bright! I have just read a few of the previous reviews and perhaps they read some of these reviews recently, as I got exceptional service.
When I arrived early (I had just listened to a message they had left me on my answerphone regarding the birthday, they wanted to see what I required), they found my booking and mentioned the birthday, and that they had a great table reserved, and some people were just about to leave so they could prepare the table (one of the banquets). I mentioned that I would love them to bring some kind of desert with a candle to the table at the end of the meal. My friend arrived and we sat down and ordered a glass of red wine each and rioja and a pinot noir, my friend had the sirloin and I had the prawn burger... service was really lovely and attentive throughout, and swift as it was a lunchtime...my friend order another pinot and I had a coffee and then with a little wink from me, the most delicious gooey chocolate browny with vanilla icecream arrived with a candle for him to blow out - what was great about this whole experience is that it was easy, I didn't have to ask, a wink was enough, seemless and what I regard as exceptional customer service, you don't get that very often, and I have eaten in many restaurants and even worked in a few restaurants in the past,.

Anyway, would highly recommend, the food was delicious, the wine really great, coffee too and the gooey chocolate pudding was just fantastic - all in all a really great experience and I will return lots!
Ps - it was around £65 for all of that, well worth the treat!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Our family really love the BBQ grill type food and we always opp to have food thats serves good grills. enjoyed !