“Superb food”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Description: The Blue Door Bistro provides a welcoming and informal bistro-style setting, with a fantastic menu to match. Light and airy at lunchtime and warm, cosy and candlelit by evening, the room is decorated on three sides with an antique panoramic view of London circa 1849: together with the rich mahogany panelled walls, effective use of mirrored glass, and contemporary wrought iron wall lights, an ambience rooted in the hotel's location is beautifully achieved. Executive chef, Martin Halls, used the finest of seasonal British ingredients, seasoned with the freshest of herbs from Chef's kitchen garden. With a wide range of vegetarian dishes and salads, commended with an AA rosette for its cuisine, you can rely on good honest food and impeccable service. We only use free range eggs and are committed to using sustainable fisheries for our fish supplies.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Superb food”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very good food, not cheap but worth it. The service is second to none. Very friendly and attentive we had to wait a while for our table but we were happy to do so as we listened to the live pianist / singer who was absolutely fantastic. Would recommend this restaurant any time. thanks for a lovely evening

Visited April 2014
1 Thank barker1948
Blue_Door_Manager, Manager at The Blue Door Bistro, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent dining experience with us at the Blue Door Bistro.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful dinner with us and I am equally pleased that you especially enjoyed the food and service.
I am pleased that you liked the bar area and that your experience with us was wonderful and relaxing.

I have also passed on your kind words to my team and we all hope to welcome you back to us again during our al fresco season to experience our outdoor areas.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Understated, lovely lunch venue”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We booked this as a family before my graduation ceremony, principally because it was nearby and convenient. It turned out to be a lovely place for a 'special lunch'. The service was friendly and attentive, the menu interesting, and the food tasty, well-prepared and beautifully presented. The wine list lacks some 'better value' options but the S African white at £28 was good. It was a sunny day and we enjoyed sitting on the patio. Altogether, a very good lunch and a highly recommendable venue. (Don't be put off by the rather staid and old-fashioned-looking website pictures.)

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent lunch experience with us.

We are very proud of our staff at the Blue Door Bistro and it is always delightful to receive such lovely and kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

We will be looking forward to welcome you back this summer to experience and enjoy al fresco dining on our wood deck.

San Francisco, California
“Always Fantastic”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I travel to London quite a bit and it's fantastic that one of my favorite restaurants to eat at is in the my favorite hotel to stay at. It's pretty rare that a hotel restaurant is exception but that is the case with the Blue Door Bistro and one of the reasons I look forward to every visit.

The food, no matter what you order and I have had just about everything, is always exceptional. Favorites include the "comfort food" like the chopped steak or duck. The service is always friendly, warm and efficient and the atmosphere makes you feel like you are eating at home (although a little more fancier then home). Definitely can not go wrong with any selection, a must try while in London.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent dining experience with us.

We are very proud of our staff at the Blue Door Bistro and it is always delightful to receive such lovely and kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and I was thrilled to hear that you found the food, especially the chopped steak and Roast duck breast, to be excellent.

Reykjavík
“Top place”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Good service, good food. Great atmosphere. I will properly go there a again and then stay at the hotel Montague which the bistro is within.

Visited April 2014
Blue_Door_Manager, Manager at The Blue Door Bistro, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your recent visit
Our team aim to make our guests feel welcome and special throughout their stay with us, to make it a memorable visit. I was especially thrilled to hear that you found the food to be excellent and it is equally pleasing to read that the team were helpful and attentive.

I truly appreciate the time you took to share your enjoyment while with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Blue Door Bistro.

london
“Best high tea ever!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Food, staff excellent and such a nice setting!
I've done 20+ afternoon teas and they are by far the best!! Most amazing gluten free scones ever!! And really sweet staff xx thanks guys

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review following your recent afternoon tea.
Our gluten free afternoon tea has become ever more popular in recent years and we are delighted with your positive feedback. I shall ensure that your kind words are shared with head Chef and the team.