“Room with a view”

Hotel Megaro
Ranked #130 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“Room with a view”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I booked this trip away as a birthday treat for my boyfriend. We were going to a gig in Camden, so this hotel was well situated. Upon our arrival we were greeted by very friendly reception staff, who were helpful and humorous, but best of all we received a free upgrade from a standard to a deluxe room. The room was large and airy and overlooked, the lovely, St Pancras Station in all it's gothic glory. The decor is contemporary, with furnishings to match. The bed was huge, but sadly very soft. One downside to the room was that it was quite cold, but fan heaters were provided in the wardrobe. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was real milk in the fridge for tea/coffee, but there were only 2 tea bags! The bathroom and shower were clean and modern, although the shower screen was not large enough to prevent flooding of the floor when you took advantage of the multi-jet shower. After we had settled in, we headed down to the basement Karpo Bar where we sat in a well-designed and comfortable lounge area, with leather sofas, soft furnishings and a plentiful supply of quirky coffee table books. We ordered a few tapas dishes, which were beautifully presented and delicious. Service by the waiter in the bar was very good and his knowledge of the food and drinks was excellent. We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a base in central London.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Creamteaaddicts
Sima P, receptionist at Hotel Megaro, responded to this review, May 20, 2017
Dear Creamteaaddicts,

Thank you very much for a wonderful review following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Megaro.
As you have mentioned we are ideally located on the door step of St Pancras and Kings Cross Station. The whole team was overjoyed to read that you were pleased with our hotel with special mention to the size and quality of the room. This is very true we do have an amazing team at Hotel Megaro who are truly dedicated to giving the best service at all times.
Once again thank you very much for a lovely review, we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel Megaro very soon.

Kind regards
Sima

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I booked a night at this hotel for work purposes, I liked the idea of being able to get off my train at St. Pancras and go straight to the hotel without having to get the underground. Unfortunately I really struggled to find the hotel and ended up walking up and down Euston Road with all my stuff for the following days work in the pouring rain. As it turned out I'd walked past the Megaro several times but the entrance is round the corner and the hotel not obvious from street level particularly in rain. Having been directed to the hotel by a helpful man in a shop I found the reception staff to be particularly pleasant and helpful, my room was surprisingly large by London standards and both clean and comfortable with a lovely large bathroom - I particularly appreciated the heated towel rails and fluffy towels. Breakfast the following morning wasn't the best experience unfortunately. I was tight for time and went down for 7am as soon as breakfast started. I ordered porridge and asked for it made with water as I have a dairy intolerance. I waited what seemed like ages and when the porridge arrived it was swimming in milk. The waiter offered to replace it but I didn't have time to wait so my breakfast consisted of a banana which I ate in the taxi. My impression was that the waiter's English was limited and probably the cause of the confusion, had I had a bit more time I'm sure it would all have turned out better. Again the reception staff were helpful in organising a taxi and providing information on how long to allow and expected cost. I would definitely use the Megaro again either for work or for a London break with my husband.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear AFC23

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I’m happy that you enjoyed your stay and I’m looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.
It is always our aim to fulfil our guest’s requests and we do so as much as physically possible, I am glad to hear that you liked the room we allocated for your stay and enjoyed the atmosphere throughout the hotel. Please, accept my apologies for the lack of care you faced during your breakfast and we will take your comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit.
As you well said, our location is really good and close to all the interesting points of London most of them you can reach even walking. And our staff will always be happy to help our guest enjoy London the most. I am delighted to hear that you find our reception staff to be pleasant and helpful.
Thank you once again for such a wonderful feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to hotel Megaro.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The building looks great from the outside, and generally every room I've seen was quite cool (stayed there 2-3 times).

Not all the rooms are in the main building. They have some apartments they also rent under the umbrella of this hotel. Those are great.

Expect a bit of noise outside though, this is a busy part of town all day/night long. The room themselves are quite even the ones just above Euston Road.

I showed up at the last minute a few times and the front desk people were always nice enough.

Probably the nicest hotel is stayed at by King's Cross.

Room Tip: Doesn't hurt to ask if one of their apartments is available when you check in.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank glunardi
Dear Glunardi

As you well said, our location is really good and close to all the interesting points of London most of them you can reach even walking. And our staff will always be happy to help our guest enjoy London the most. I am delighted to hear that you find our reception staff to be always nice and helpful.

Manchester
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights for work purposes. Price is reasonable for central London, particularly in such a convenient location right opposite King's Cross station. Always slightly annoying when hotels don't include breakfast in the price though - this would have been an extra £9.50 each per day. Thankfully there were lots of little places for a snack breakfast nearby.

The room was clean with a nice bathroom but a little rough round the edges in places. We were upgraded to a family room which had a sitting area and 2 plasma TVs. There was a safe which was big enough to fit in an iPad.

Was slightly concerned about noise issues on reading previous reviews but our room was at the back of the hotel and very quiet - if you point out to them that you need a quiet room I don't think it need be a problem.

They let us leave our bags after check out to collect later which was helpful.

If you do stay here, try the pub round the corner for food - the Norfolk Arms - the food there was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Timbo_82
Dear Timbo_82

As you well said, our location is really good and close to all the interesting points of London most of them you can reach even walking. Indeed,we are surrounded by shops and great eateries. And our staff will always be happy to help our guest enjoy London the most. I am delighted to hear that you find our reception staff to be pleasant and helpful.

Bruxelles
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Excellent location. Few hundreds metres from Kings Cross Station. Ideal for people travelling with the Eurostar. Just in front of a subway station . Ideal to reach in ashort time the most interesting London sites . Piccadilly, Trafalgar, Camden town, the British Museum..
The restaurant embedded to the hotel proposes a decent and relatively fair priced english breakfast.
Rooms are clean . Particularly appreciated the bath with a relaxing shower. Standard but quite modern tech equipment.
Minus would be the price per night. Over priced, even for London. Location isn`t everything. Windows are not well isolated. Especially rooms giving on the street are ideal for a deep relaxing sleep.
TV programs are exclusively in English. Given the big amount of foreigners guests a more international choice would be welcome. Few good restaurants around the hotel.
Average.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on Euston road
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Arouet71
Dear Arouet71

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I'm sorry to hear the rooms weren't up to the standard you've come to expect from us. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better.
We are so glad you found our hotel a good place to stay, and that you enjoyed the menu and food at our Karpo restaurant.
Our hotel is indeed a short walk to Euston tube station and King’s Cross/ St Pancras right across the hotel. We are surrounded by shops and great eateries and many of London’s top sights are within short walking distance to our hotel.

We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Surprisingly quiet for its central location, this friendly, well-designed hotel provides good value right next to Kings Cross Station. I was staying for a few nights on business, with my wife joining me for the last part of my stay. Arriving by train into KingsX station the hotel could not have been handier. The room was surprisingly large for central London, well furnished, well equipped and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was particularly good, with a large bath and multi-head shower, good toiletries and plenty of good towels. The hotel is design-conscious without being self-consciously hip, and most consideration seemed to have been given to comfort - always a good thing! The staff were very polite and helpful. I didn't eat in the restaurant but the menu was very tempting. For tourists the location is perhaps not right next to major attractions, but the tube network means that everything is in very easy reach, and if you're arriving by train to Kings Cross or St Pancras you can drop your luggage and be enjoying the city within 10 minutes. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: My high, east facing room overlooking the street was quiet (considering the nearby traffic) and with...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FMGBookshop
Tania S, receptionist at Hotel Megaro, responded to this review, May 21, 2017
Dear FMGBookshop,

Thank you very much for a wonderful five star review following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Megaro.
l do agree with you we do have an amazing team that are focused at providing awesome service at all times. Also mentioned our great location, we are literally located on the doorstep of Kings Cross and St Pancras station with easy access to most attractions in central London. The food and beverage team were overjoyed to read that you enjoyed in the Karpo restaurant.
Once again thank you very much for a wonderful review we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel Megaro very soon.

Kind Regards
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Excellent hotel so handy for the major train stations. The reception staff were friendly and very accomodating. It did not apppear that anything was any trouble to them their manageent staff should be very proud of them. I would certainly recommend this hotel to my friends and I would be very happy to go back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth F
Tania S, receptionist at Hotel Megaro, responded to this review, May 21, 2017
Dear Elizabeth F

As you have mentioned we are ideally located on the door step of St Pancras and Kings Cross Station. The whole team was overjoyed to read that you were pleased with our hotel. This is very true we do have an amazing team at Hotel Megaro who are truly dedicated to giving the best service at all times.

Kind regards