Hotel Megaro
  • Pool
$256
Montague Hotel
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $327/night.

$143
$101
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

$221
Agoda.com
$288
$279
2,730 results
All reviewsst pancraskings crossgreat locationeuston roadespresso machinepancras stationsky tvfamily roomgood sizedeluxe roomcomfortable bedstreet noisegreat roomexcellent hotelmini barstayed one nightcentral location
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Megaro to catch an early Eurostar. It's a very coventient hotel for St Pancras and Kings Cross. Bed comfortable. The man behind the desk who checked us out early in the morning was very patient and helpful! Unfortunately there was a very strong smell of old cooking oil coming from the kitchen when we walked up and down the stairs to the bar. The shower was cold and the coffee machine leaked.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sima P, receptiopnist at Hotel Megaro, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

Dear katie-anne-limejuice,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback following you stay with us at the Hotel Megaro hotel.
As you have mentioned we are ideally located on the door step of St Pancras and Kings Cross Station. This is very true we do have an amazing team at Hotel Megaro who are truly dedicated to giving the best service at all times. On the other hand, we were sorry to read that there were a few points that were not up to standard during your stay with us. Thank you for bringing these to our attention, as without constructive feedback such as this, we cannot address areas in need of improvement.
We do hope we will have a pleasure of welcoming you to the Hotel Megaro were you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Kind regards
Sima

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights, and actually spent hours looking for something that is not too pricey. Beware booking on Expedia though, the price per night did not include taxes and it ended up ring more expensive than I had thought. I cannot fault the location, a stone's throw from kings cross station. Even though it faces the main road, I only heard the odd siren going by. The inside decoration is absolutely fabulous. Clean and stylish. The bathroom only has a small window pane so after you shower water does get everywhere. It maybe me being daft, but every time I try to use the espresso machine it leaks everywhere. The only criticism is that the kettle metallic coil is covered in calcium / rust, making it quite unpleasant to use. And on the first evening the staff and the metre guy came around knocking to see if they could check the metre in the room. This was a little disturbing to our rest, and they had to come twice! Otherwise very convenient transport wise, and if I need to stay again I would return.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Kervin B, Front Office Agent at Hotel Megaro, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2017

Thank you for sharing your 5 star review of your stay with us at Megaro, I am delighted that you found our location ideal for your stay.

The team here aims to create a great atmosphere and a feeling of relaxation – so please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you faced.

Next time you stay with us please take an opportunity to enjoy dinner at Karpo, and do not forget to collect your -10% voucher at the reception.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really loved this hotel. Stayed here for two nights and could not have wished for anything more.
Location straight across from Kings Cross and St Pancras station which was great as we had access to most of the tube lines.
The staff were very friendly and when we had an issue with our room being cool an extra heater was provided straight away. The room we had on the fourth floor was spacious and clean. Shower over the bath and fluffy towels.
Continental breakfast was included in the price but this was a problem for my companion as she didn't like the ham and cheese. On the second day however she asked for toast which they happily brought with a bowl of fruit. There was also granola, freshly squeezed juices and home made conserves which were outstanding.
We did overhear a lady saying she had continental breakfast included but could she have a substitute. The waiter told her she could choose anything from the menu up to the value of £10. I just wish we would have been told this on the first day! The hot food coming out of the kitchen looked amazing!
The next time I am in London this is the place I will book.
Brilliant

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jayne135

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went to London to see a show and after looking through a lot of hotels and reading there reviews we decided to use the Megaro. When we got there the staff were very nice and helpful and informative. We had booked an 'apartment', they are situated just round the corner from the hotel, but just a short walk! The apartment was very nice and modern, clean and tidy. It slept four comfortably (2 doubles) but it would have been nicer if it had just been for two ( we had our daughter with us) so the sofa was made up like as a bed.
When we got back from the show we went to the bar, the staff there we helpful, and the drinks were a fair price too.
The apartment was very quite during the night and apart from the odd footsteps from the room above we didn't hear any of the other guests. Our room was below ground level but there were windows which looked out into a void/courtyard that let light in. There was also a lot of lights in the room so it didn't feel claustraphobic. It also had a well equipped kitchen ( being an apartment ) which included tea and coffee and even a bottle of milk.
In the morning we walked over to the hotel for breakfast. Once again we were welcomed (and remembered by the staff from the previous night) the food was very nice and cooked well - but you do pay London prices, but what would you expect........ Checkout also isn't till 12.00 so you don't have to rush around in the morning. As for where it is, it is right across the road from Kingscross station and we used taxis to get to and from the show they cost less than £15 each way. So to sum it up its a very nice place and the people are friendly and helpful. I would expect the rooms in the main hotel to be of an equal standard to the apartment we stayed in looking at the picture and reading other reviews about the Megaro.
In my books there was only one thing that let down our stay (and this only applies to the apartments) and that is the loo seats in the apartments are SQUARE, yep square. With out going into too much detail they just don't work! Unless you are fortunate to have a square bottom!!!
But would I go back to the Megaro again? Yes, without a doubt, we have stayed in a few hotels in London and this ranks as one of the best! As I said before we really couldn't fault it and you can do a lot worse!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Iain A
Kervin B, Front office agent at Hotel Megaro, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2017

Reviewed November 2, 2012

For me this hotel is in the perfect location - 2 minutes walk from Kings Cross Station.

I have stayed at the Megaro now on numerous occasions and have always found the beds so comfy, the rooms spotlessly clean and all the staff helpful and friendly. I have only ever eaten breakfast in the Megaro and found this to be delicious and really good value for money (I book room only then I can choose if I do want to eat or not.

I would (and have) recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room and have slept in quite a few, the rooms on the front are probably more nosier being opposite the station (but with windows and curtains closed I hardly heard a thing)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends