“London Pet-friendly”

Best Western Palm Hotel
Ranked #541 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Excellent location close to M1. Secure parking. Comfortable room with all facilities. Added bonus of being pet-friendly for no additional charge. Traffic noise from main road all night but can imagine that that would affect rooms at the front of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
There are newer reviews for Best Western Palm Hotel

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We have stayed here twice now. The most recent being for 4 nights in november. Convenient for the M1 & north circular. Free parking & a 15 min walk to Golders Green tube for a short journey into central London. It may not look anything special from the outside but inside its bright and modern, having recently been extended & renovated. Rooms very pleasant & comfortable. Staff very helpful. Great choice for breakfast. We will be using this hotel again when we next visit the capital.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I scroll through the reviews lucky enough I got to checkin with same chap another guest who they mentioned, yes that young chap in reception James.

I saw him on the Friday bless him he was not well he was not bubbly and energetic for the obvious reason but then when I saw him the next day Saturday honestly he was running around the reception area meeting greeting guest making sure everything was alright like a complete turn around and a quick recoverer bless him we had a good long conversation.

I had problems with learning to work my temperature with water in the shower and heating a bit technical with no clear instruction but James assist me on this especially reloading me with my cuppa teas and milks.

My room was in the first floor there was a function downstairs with loud music it wasn't too bad for me but if you are a light sleeper request maybe a upper floor.

Free parking and bus 113 access straight to London. I could not ask for more,I did not try the breakfast but there is a bar area and a lounge area if you wanted to relax.

Defiantly will be comming back! Cheers guys!

1  Thank Margaretholly
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I booked this hotel for me and my boyfriend for one night as we were going to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park at the weekend so needed a close by hotel to stay at. It was very easy to get to from where we came from (right at the end of the M1..couldn't be easier!), we needed to leave our car there in the morning while we spent the day in Hyde Park and even though check in wasn't until 3pm they let us park in their car park which was a great help. It's about 20 minutes walk to Golders Green tube station, bit of uphill walking. When we got to the tube station there were no trains running. We found that out after we brought our £8 tube tickets but we hopped on a replacement bus which went straight to where we wanted to go, took about an hour or so, very easy and we could use our tube tickets for the buses. When we got back to the hotel about 10pm, we checked in no problems. There was a party in the bar next to the lobby which was quite loud but parties are supposed to be loud! We were given a newly built executive room on the first floor which was absolutely spotless and lovely! The bed was larger than a king size, there was a nice leather sofa, a big flat screen TV on the wall, soft new carpet, the bathroom was great, lovely shower! The only bad things I will mention was the heating wasn't working so it was a bit chilly in the room but when you get in bed it doesn't really matter, and the other thing was we could still hear the faint music from the party, it didn't bother me (I'm 23 and like a party myself!) but just for those who prefer the quiet. We checked out at 11am no problems. Really lovely hotel.

Room Tip: The executive rooms in the new part of the hotel are great!
1  Thank Sophie C
Reviewed November 25, 2013

That gentleman in reception james what a charecter where did they get him from? I do not know?but the managers should keep hold of him because checking in was over impressive.

Long travel to get to the hotel due to underground being suspended, we was absolutely upset and drained with the extended travel but James on arrival he is like a customer service GOD polite, knows how to speak professional English, bubbly and has a EXCELLENT knowledge of traveling around London and recommending tourist attraction WITHOUT stuttering and WITHOUT Google, knows how to do his Job and make guest happy even passing the reception a number of times it is a consistent basis I see that he enjoys his job.
Keep up the excellent standard James.

Rooms was brilliant too we came for the arsenal match so it was big thumbs up for our stay with not forgetting the breakfast too loads of selection dont go for no contenental unless your on a diet.

James is the man he was our highlight of our stay he looked after us and I am sure he will make sure everyone is all good and lastly he is a ENTERTAINER!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

couldnt of asked for more while staying there the staff were helpful and friendly the rooms were clean and tidy and the bed was comfy. would recommend anyone to stay here. There was a bus outsidee the hotel or about a 10 15 minute walk to the tube which took you straight to the main shopping are oxford street etc. I left my car there the whole week which was a bonus. I did eat there once and the food was lovely. Couldnt of asked for a better hotel

Reviewed November 23, 2013

An all day travel card £8 each gives good access to this hotel by underground or overground from St Pancreas (Connect Service) to Cricklewood or by bus 113 from Marble Arch which stops just outside the hotel. Yes there is a busy A road in front of the hotel but traffic lights allow gaps to cross ( or a bridge 100 yards along.
The hotel is well appointed good room size,large bed,very good ensuite with great shower.The breakfast was more than adequate with plenty of choice. Ideal location for bus to central London direct to marble arch or get off at Finchley station for the underground.Would stay here again as even with the cost of travel the hotel is good value when compared to more central hotels.

Room Tip: rooms at the front of the hotel overlook busy main road so constant traffic noise in background, we...