“One Night Stay”

Ranked #552 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Trur
“One Night Stay”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we had tickets to a concert at the Roundhouse in Camden and it was the closest hotel to Camden we could find with free parking. Although our stay was brief we found no negatives to comment on.

After reading some reviews on here I was a bit annoyed about the report that the hotel take a £50 deposit from you on arrival as there was no mention of this when I made the booking via booking.com. However, we were not asked to do this so am unsure why some people are?

I think the hotel has an older part and a newly refurbished part. We stayed in the new part of the hotel and our room was spotlessly clean, modern and well lit from a huge skylight. The shower was amazing, loads of hot water and good water pressure to help wake us up in the morning!

The closest tube is quite a stank from the hotel, a good 20 mins I would say, we paid £8 each for a tube travel ticket with the intention of returning on it later in the evening but ended up getting a taxi back from Camden just before midnight for £6! If we had realised how cheap a taxi was we would not have bothered with the tube.

As already mentioned, the car parking for this hotel was free which in my experience is quite rare, we usually expect to pay an extra £25 for this. You can't prebook the parking but there appeared to be quite a few spaces.

We did not have breakfast, use the bar or see the older part of the hotel so cant comment on any of that, but for the purpose of our visit it was great and we would use it again for any future flying visits to North London.

Room Tip: Request one of the newer rooms at the back of the hotel if you can, lovely modern rooms and a bit fu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
palmlondon, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Palm Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to leave your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 02084555220.

BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warwick, England
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Convenient and the bus right outside straight to Marble Arch. Rooms were surprisingly nice, spacious, clean and lovely bathroom but word of warning if there's a function on you will be awake until it finishes!!! Sound proofing is not great and you will feel/hear every boom. In saying this the staff were very kind, tried to help and promised the function would end by midnight - it ended at 1158pm.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Me and my wife got a kgb deal and paid just £49 to stay one night with a breakfast. The room was very clean. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was great too. Its only a short bus ride to marble arch on the 113 bus which stops outside the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit london. I will be stopping here again on my next visit. Great value.

• Stayed May 2013
palmlondon, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Palm Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel . We are very glad to hear such a nice words about our hotel staff, location, rooms and breakfast.

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London.

Ormskirk, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a deal last Saturday 20th April.

Room was of a good standard & spotlessly clean. The stay was spoiled for me by a fault with the boiler which meant that there was no hot water for my shower with on the Sunday morning. We were meeting family members for a celebration lunch and I didn't wish to appear as one of the "great unwashed"...the receptionists did not seem overly bothered by my dilemma.

At my age I thought I was passed the stage in life of boiling kettles to have a wash but that was exactly what I had to do. Would not be in a hurry to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sue

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 02084555220.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel is a good 15 minute walk from the station but was worth it when I arrived, check in was excellent, Rose was very efficient, and gave great service, with a really pleasant and happy manner!
My only observeation is that the restaurant would be more inviting if background music was playing, it felt more like a cafe than a restaurant!! and there is no bar as such, reception get drinks for you, which isn't quite the same! The bedroom was spacious and comfortable. Would I recommend it? Yes :)

Room Tip: Room 221 was great!! I recommend that you ask for a room at the rear of the hotel as the road in fro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
palmlondon, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Palm Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Patrick
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.
You will be pleased to know that we are due to open our lounge bar by the 1st June. We also currently working on our new wine and spirit selection.

Louth
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last week as I couldn't get any closer to the city due to a funeral happening. It was cheap very cheap for London infact. The rooms were spacious clean and brand new beds were comfortable and staff were great. I did miss there bring NO bar but you can buy a beer from reception and drink in the spacious lobby with TV.

I have read a recent review about there being no food within walking distance well you would think in the world of the Internet people would look at a map. A pleasant 10-15 minute walk away and you are at the vibrant cricklewood with a ton of amazing restaurants and bars so all you have to do is explore!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your kind review.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

A group of us arrived late afternoon and one of our pary we for a shower, which would not get warm, the picture in the room guide was of a different type - so no help there!
Next morning cold showers were all that was possible. At breakfast no hot food arrived and no explanation was given.
A very disappointing stay also I had to pay a deposit of £30 pound even though I had already paid the full cost of the room.
I will not be returning again

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Paul B
Dear Paul
Please accept our sincerely apologies for the disappointment you experienced while staying with us. Regretfully, we had a major maintenance issue with water supply and have done our best to fix this issue promptly.
It is our hope that you will give us a second chance to impress you.
Please contact the hotel directly on 0208 455 5220 and ask to speak to Anna and I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further.