“kgb 2 night stay”

Best Western Palm Hotel
Ranked #535 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 1, 2013

coming up from south west,thank goodness for sat nav,coming in from m1 easy.warning from south you come thru congeston charge zone,luckily coming up on good friday did not apply.was pleased as had not been informed about it.was greeted well by reception staff,went up to first floor which has been completly revamped,brand new room,shower etc plus you can control heating and air conditioning.water hot,shower had two heads so you have control over that.i had breakfast included in my deal other wise full breakfast costs £12.95;again staff were good.we had a wedding on saturuday,music finished early so was not kept awake.check out went smoothly.there is no evening meal at present but golders green is just a 10 minute walk away.the 113 bus stops closly and takes you to marble arch and runs every 10 minutes.so yes i like best western and would certainly recommend the palm

Room Tip: we had room 140 in the new bit we overlooks the car park,not the main road
1  Thank john p
palmlondon, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Palm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear John
Thank you very much for your review.
I was please to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in a near future.

Kind regards

Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were greeted by friendly staff and were given the option to choose which level we would like to stay. The slanted roof in the bathroom where the toilet was directly under was a bit of problem for the males. The shower was great and everything was pretty new and clean. It was also pretty easy to catch a bus to get around. The price was reasonable but getting a late checkout would cost £10/hr presumably for the cleaner to wait around. Having said that their checkout time was 11am and it would have been fine on normal circumstances but the unwillingness to accommodate our exceptional circumstances left a sour impression.

Room Tip: If you're tall male, it's best not to stay on the 2nd floor with slanted bathrooms.
1  Thank FnBSunburnt

Thank you for your kind feedback.
We are very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay.
Happy to read that our team was friendly and helpful and that you found it easy to get around on local transport.
I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Kind regards,

Manager

Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you're willing to travel out to the Palm hotel from central London, this is a good choice of hotel. Rooms clean and well maintained. Very helpful staff on reception and breakfast good.Would recommend hotel to others. Bus outside hotel takes you into Central London so easier route than walking to nearest underground station.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eileen042

Thank you for your kind feedback.
We are so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stay in this hotel quite a lot on business so I thought it was about time I gave some feedback and I am pleased to say I only have positive comments regarding my experience! Firstly, the staff here are very very good! Unfortunately I have not learned all the names of the reception staff but they are all friendly and welcoming, always happy to help and chatty at times but respectful of my privacy when it is obvious I have had a hard day! In particular, Helen who I think is the manager, and Adrian who often works in the evenings have made my regular stays here that little bit more unique and pleasant. Even the housekeeping team who I occassionally speak to regarding replenishment of my tea supply are friendly and very professional! The rooms in the hotel have been recently refurbished and are simple yet stylish with all the usual necessities. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are air conditioned. There is limited parking outside the hotel although there is street parking nearby. I rarely eat in the in house restaurant but the meals I have had there have been enjoyable and the menu offers a range of things to choose from. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family either for leisure or business purposes.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jotomo11
palmlondon, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Palm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to review the BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. All of your comments have been passed onto our team here and we thank you for your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

On a main bus route to the city. The tube station is within walking distance but enough buses go from the nearby Sainsbury store in the general direction of the hotel. The hotel is situated on a busy main road in a residential area. It is well placed for a value for money break whilst visiting the metropolis but not for a cosy r&r break.
The foyer has a welcoming ambience. A modern seating area to read the complimentary papers and chat with friends. Although there is no bar, snacks and beverages (hot/cold/alco) are available to order.
The hotel is a credit to the housekeeping team. Rooms and public areas are spotless. All of my party were thrilled with their rooms. Powerful shower but I did have problems controlling the temp initially. The bed was comfortable and always great to be able to make a brew.
Breakfast was plentiful and lots of choice. At the weekend the cooked breakfast is buffet style but during the week cooked to order. Either way well cooked and quality.
The staff do their upmost to help and are certainly welcoming. Can honestly say we felt valued as hotel guests. My only disappointment was being misinformed regarding the deposit which was requested on arrival. I was given the impression it would be credited to my account on departure however it is frozen for up to 10 days then credited back to your account. May be advisable to leave a cash deposit which is returned on departure. Excellent stay though and I would return.

Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Nellie21feet

Thank you for your kind feedback.
Please do not hesitate to contact hotel directly when you are planning your next trip to London.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very pleasant staff upon arrival. Even though booked through business they still wanted a swipe of my card??? New poloicy apparantly they advised. Now i stay with Best Western all the time and never once I have asked for my card to be swiped, so I will be checking this with Best Western directly.

Also, do not believe there website. WI-FI is not available in the bedrooms, on arrival they stated it is only in the lounge (and even then its poor!). I had also to be moved rooms as the wired connection was not working as well and in my new room I even struggled to get that working. So if you need internet - dont stay here.

Rooms are nice however and brekkie was good as well!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Darren M

We would like to thank you for your feedback.
We are terribly sorry for the incorrect information displayed on our website. We have put in a request to get this corrected. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service. Thank you.
We offer FREE High-Speed Internet Access in all our guest rooms. Wi-Fi internet connection is available in the lobby and the restaurant and is also free of charge.

We truly hope to welcome you back to our hotel at any future occasions.
Please contact me directly to receive 10% off your next stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just stayed here for a short break in London, had a room on the second floor looking out on to a flat roof which housed the noisy air condition fans, our room had a sloping ceiling which made it difficult to use the dressing table situated under the window, the missus hit her head twice on this sloping ceiling! En suite was spotless but we had a problem regulating the shower, boiling water or boiling water! Spoke to front desk in morning for maintenance man to have a look, was ok upon return in evening, missus got roasted in morning though as she was first into shower! Had an early departure in the morning so booked an alarm call with front desk at night... never got it which seemed strange as seen receptionist write it into diary. Had a good cooked breakfast whilst there. Terrible wifi reception in our room but there was a hard wired ethernet cable provided to plug into laptop. Cricklewood train station is approx. a ten minute walk away or six pound in a cab. Air conditioning worked flawlessly heating up room quickly. Vending machine located on second floor which was handy for a quick snack. Overall a bit disappointed as staff were friendly and hotel spotless.

Room Tip: Avoid room 205, sloping ceiling with sharp edges around window, air condition fans located just out...
1  Thank mayoforsam2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused during your stay especially regarding the noise.
We would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the cleanliness and breakfast.
Hotel offer complimentary unlimited high speed internet in all bedrooms. Wi-Fi internet connection is available in the lobby and the restaurant and is free of charge.
We sincerely hope that you will choose to return with us and if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards